The User Experience (UX) Designer within the Enablement Group focuses on the facilitation and creation of a delightful user experience through a user-centered design process. This position will work to design the User Interface (UI) capabilities and associated functionalities necessary to fulfill user and business needs through new design and the utilization of existing design system components
The UX Designer serves as a “user advocate” to ensure Zoot’s capabilities meet user needs, asking user‑centered questions, suggesting improvements for usability and user experience, and always keeping user needs and perspectives at the forefront of discussions. Throughout the design process, the position will work collaboratively with all members of the Enablement Group – and cross functionally across Zoot to envision, design, test, document, and train on user experience capabilities and enhancements.
The Enablement Group is responsible for the development and support of the capabilities methodology. This methodology will be used to develop the design patterns for the Delivery organization in support of Zoot’s financial and healthcare solutions. Enablement creates microservices to implement capabilities to meet our client’s business needs using Zoot’s best practices and standards. Enablement’s objective is to increase efficiency in implementing and supporting platforms while ensuring ongoing client satisfaction with Zoot solutions.
The Capabilities Team within the Enablement Group collaborates with individuals across the company to identify business needs which will enhance our offerings and increase our efficiencies in implementing and supporting solutions. Our Team works to support the goal of making Zoot’s capabilities the best in the industry.
This position will be located in either our Bozeman or Billings, Montana, office. No remote work.
Essential Job Functions
- Utilize and promote the application of UX elements and practices across the lifecycle to include Content Strategy, Information Architecture, Typography and Layout, Visual Design, Interaction Design, and Accessibility.
- Support the design and development of user interfaces that satisfy business strategy, solution strategy, and UX strategy while also accommodating solution requirements and use cases.
- Utilize established design processes to understand, design, prototype, and test solutions to problems while always adjusting the scope of UX deliverables appropriately.
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing group to ensure the highest quality creative assets are used in product and solution development.
- Work collaboratively with all Delivery teams to ensure user interface designs are implemented according to design specifications while utilizing best practices and standards.
- Create requirement templates to support UI needs.
- Promote the benefit of UX efforts across the enterprise.
- Deliver mockups and style guides.
- Participate in the maintenance of the Capability Roadmap and Component Library.
- Ensure a common understanding of Business Needs and Capabilities.
- Plan and perform user research and testing using the most appropriate method given the goals of the research and the phase of the effort.
- Gather product feedback and information from user groups, competitors, Delivery teams, Marketing group, and Sales Group.
- Evaluate, report as needed, and apply testing and research results to user experiences and interaction design efforts with the objective of delivering meaningful solutions.
- Responsible for documentation, training, and education regarding Zoot’s UX, interaction, and accessibility best practices and standards.
- Prepare and maintain user personas and act as the user advocate.
- Ensure consistent language use and messaging in requirements and supporting documentation, such as user personas, usability testing guidelines, usability findings, UI standards, best practices, and recommendations.
- Effectively balance UX ideals with practical application and overall cost to Zoot.
- Work to ensure compliance with and knowledge of Zoot’s Policies and Procedures, Code of Business Conduct, and Employee Agreement.
- Achieve a service-focused culture with emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned. It is understood that this list of major duties and responsibilities is not an inclusive list and that other duties and responsibilities, which may include helping others in the same or different departments and may be assigned by supervision.
Competencies Critical For This Role
- Creativity and Innovation – Able to come up with unusual or clever ideas to solve a given problem or situation; develops creative ways to solve a problem and implements unusual and unprecedented solutions, processes, methods, systems, products, or services.
- Compassion and Empathy – Genuinely cares about people; shows concern for work and non-work problems; willing to help; demonstrates genuine understanding of the positive and negative situations of others
- Analytical Skills – Uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through situations or problems; able to identify and define problems, collect and analyze information, problem solve, and make decisions; extract key information from data and develop workable solutions for the problems identified.
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Able to cope with change; versatile; can shift gears as priorities or business needs change; able to act without having all of the answers; doesn't get frustrated when things are ambiguous; able to move on if situation necessitates it, even if other tasks/projects aren't complete; able to balance acting with uncertainty with risk
- Communication (Oral/Verbal) – Demonstrates the ability to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively using speech in individual or group situations; conveys and presents information appropriately for the needs of various audience groups
- Driving Change – Fosters an environment that embraces positive change; seeks, defines, and implements new ways to improve.
- Detail Oriented – Able to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task, while showing concern for all areas involved; follows policies and procedures to accomplish the task.
Competencies Critical For All Roles At Zoot
- Accountability – Takes responsibility for tasks and projects as assigned; holds self and others accountable for high quality, timely, and cost-effective results; accepts responsibility for mistakes.
- Action Oriented, Initiative – Works hard every day, self-motivated; energized by both tasks expected of the role and new or challenging projects; willing to act even with minimal planning, however, doesn't act carelessly and takes responsibility for actions, whether end result is positive or negative; moves on to the next task or project without being asked or seeks out additional ways to help.
- Communication (General) – Effective with the form(s) of communication that are applicable to a given role (oral, presentation, written); able to be detailed enough to show that the right work was done, yet succinct enough to effectively communicate data, opinions, or findings.
- Critical Thinking – Uses logical, strategic, analytical, reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of a given situation and possible solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems; able to think outside the box to generate possible solutions.
- Customer Focused, Service Oriented – Actively works to meet the expectations, requirements, or needs of internal and external customers; understands who their customer is; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Development Focused – Knows or is able to recognize personal strengths and weaknesses, opportunities, and limits; learns from mistakes; receptive to sharing one's own shortcomings with others; is comfortable with balanced performance reviews (both positives and areas to improve) and honest professional development and career discussions.
- Driving for Results, Solutions Focused – Motivated by success and passionate about working and achieving results that align with the plan; finds ways to complete tasks or projects, even in the face of adversity, and remains optimistic and driven to the end; looks for ways to improve performance all the time.
- Integrity and Trust – Widely trusted across the organization; seen as a direct, truthful individual; maintains confidentiality as required; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent themselves or the facts for personal gain.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience and ability to hear people out; able to accurately restate the opinions of others to validate understanding, even if there is disagreement.
- Mentoring – Able to effectively share knowledge and insight with others so that they can accomplish tasks, achieve goals, and enhance skills.
- Organization and Time Management – Able to manage multiple projects or tasks and adapt to changing priorities; effective and efficient with own time; able to bring resources (e.g. people, materials, processes, budget) together to get things done and uses them effectively; shows up on time and respects the time of others.
- Problem Solving – Willing to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; examines all angles and sources before developing a solution; looks beyond easy solutions and doesn't stop at the first answer; able to uncover or anticipate hidden problems; provides honest analysis, even if the answer isn't what people want to hear.
- Professionalism – Easy to approach and talk to; able to put others at ease, either naturally or due to self-awareness to adjust; warm, pleasant, and gracious; sensitive to and patient with the personalities of others; builds rapport by making people feel comfortable; works well with others; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; able to be candid with peers; solves problems in a way that minimizes negative impacts to others.
- Technical Aptitude – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to perform a job's duties at a high level of accomplishment.
- Working with Existing Tools – Able to leverage current tools, services, process, and procedures to accomplish tasks; seeks additional understanding of existing processes and procedures; finds ways to improve upon existing options before proposing or exploring new options.
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Human Factors Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, or related field required.
- 5+ years of experience with UI interface design concepts, UI standards, web conventions and usability methodologies
- Or, an equal combination of education and experience
- All positions at Zoot require the ability to move about inside an office environment which includes the operation of computers and other office productivity machinery and frequently communicates with other employees, clients, vendors, and visitors.
- This position specifically requires long periods of sitting at a computer workstation.
- This position will take place primarily in an office setting.
- This position will require travel 0% of the time.
- The User Experience Designer position is ever-changing, requiring flexibility, self-initiative, and regular management of changing priorities.
- The User Experience Designer must evangelize, facilitate, and champion the User-Experience process throughout the Zoot project lifecycle.
Zoot Benefits Include
- Proudly based in beautiful Bozeman and Billings, Montana
- Casual Attire
- Bring Your Well Behaved Dog
- On-site Child Care Center (Bozeman)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- On-site Cafeteria (Bozeman)
- Espresso & Snack Bar (Bozeman)
- On-site Fitness Center & Fitness Classes (Bozeman)
- Private Disc Golf Course (Bozeman)
- Private Sports Park with Putting Green, Bocce, and Volleyball (Billings)
- Underground Parking (Bozeman)
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, & Holidays
- 401(k) with Generous Company match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Fun Committee and Family-Friendly Events
- Wellness Committee dedicated to Health, Mental Wellbeing, Fitness, & Nutrition
Zoot Enterprises is a global provider of advanced origination, acquisition and decision management solutions for financial institutions. We offer comprehensive and flexible platforms for specific business needs that include loan origination, fraud detection and prevention, data acquisition, and more.
For more than 30 years, we have launched solutions to market faster than the competition. Zoot has partnered with influential U.S. and international organizations including major financial institutions, retailers and payment providers to foster excellence in the financial services industry.
Headquartered in beautiful Bozeman, Montana, Zoot provides an engaging and committed culture that is passionate about our clients, our community and our people. With generous and comprehensive benefits, onsite child care, a dog-friendly office and more, Zoot can give you the “No Suits, Montana Roots” career you’ve been dreaming about.
Zoot Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for this posted position, contact our Human Resources Department via phone at 406-586-5050 or e-mail at email@example.com.