Dorsey & Whitney is an AmLaw 100 international law firm with more than 550 lawyers in offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia. We are a premier legal counselor to companies worldwide in a wide range of industries, including banking & financial institutions; development & infrastructure; energy & natural resources; food, beverage & agribusiness; healthcare; and technology.
We are seeking a Legal Assistant to join our Missoula office. As a valued team member, you will assist in all aspects of the transactional practice including the preparation of various transactional documents, signature page packets, minute books, and stock certificates. Have you worked in a corporate transactional practice? Do you love working with clients? Are you a strong communicator with excellent executive assistant skills? If so, we would love to hear from you.
In this role, you will:
- Provide support to a combination of several timekeepers which may include partners, associates and paralegals.
- Prepare various transactional documents.
- Revise documents as directed.
- Answer telephones and direct callers.
- File paper and electronic documents and information promptly and accurately.
- Perform time entry and assist with the monthly billing process.
- Provide back-up support to other legal assistants.
- Assist with special projects and a variety of other general office duties.
- May be requested to perform other duties not mentioned above.
What we’re looking for:
- A High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- At least four years’ experience working in an office setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong proofreading and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Flexibility regarding hours (overtime may be requested).
Dorsey offers a competitive pay and benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance; domestic partner benefits (for same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners); a generous paid time off policy; retirement savings plan; profit sharing contribution; paid holidays; paid parental leave, paid volunteer day; adoption assistance; back-up child care program; well-being programs and activities; a 24/7 employee assistance program with confidential counseling; and more! (Some benefits are subject to eligibility criteria).
Dorsey values the strength that comes from a diverse and inclusive workplace. It contributes to the success of our people and our clients and enriches our experience. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Dorsey & Whitney LLP is an EEO/AAP/Disabled Vets Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
Dorsey participates in E-Verify.
How to Apply:
Dorsey & Whitney LLP accepts online applications. Please go to the “Careers” section of the Dorsey website at www.dorsey.com/staffjobs and complete Dorsey’s online application form. If a disability affects your ability to apply using our online system, please call 612-492-5178 to discuss reasonable accommodations in connection with your application. We are unable to accept application materials by mail or email.