This position is responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing management of Workiva’s management and leadership development philosophy and strategy. Reporting to the VP of Talent and Organizational Development, this high-profile role will work directly with front line managers to senior leaders to develop management and leadership capability, deliver a best-in-class leadership development program, consult with business leaders on leadership challenges, and leverage data and insights to design learning opportunities at scale. This position will also help drive change management strategies, champion transformational initiatives, and bring new ideas and innovative approaches to the development of management and leadership skills at Workiva.
This role will partner closely with HR and business leaders, HR Business Partners and Centers of Excellence (COEs), and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) to create and implement a practical framework for developing managers and leaders now and for the future. This position requires an individual who can act as a coach and consultant to the business, build and execute integrated, large-scale manager and leadership development strategies and solutions, and help develop organizational capability to accelerate our growth as a company.
- Diagnose leadership gaps and business opportunities to design a development framework, program, curriculum, and solutions to accelerate manager and leadership readiness, capability, and performance
- Evolve our existing management and leadership program and practices with a more targeted framework resulting in a unified approach
- Drive the strategy and impact for enterprise assessment and coaching practice
- Partner with HR and business leaders, HR Business Partners and COEs, DEIB, and other key partners to effectively deliver a manager and leadership development strategy that enables the organization to meet its strategic priorities
- Design and facilitate trainings and learning dialogs online and in person as needed for leaders at all levels that create a-ha moments and experiences that lead to deeper insight and growth
- Co-design interventions for leaders to deliver in their current jobs and grow into future roles of increasing responsibility
- Utilize LMS (Workramp) and LXP (Degreed) to create learning modules, certifications, and individualized learning paths
- Deliver innovative, high-impact solutions that incorporate the latest learning trends including gamification, badges, and immersive learning
- Leverage internal expertise, vendors, and consultants to develop, deliver and maintain best-in-class leadership development experiences
- Ensure that our leadership initiatives are effectively communicated and implemented, leveraging technology to enable scale where applicable and ensure DEIB is embedded in the overall strategy and execution
- Develop strategic partnerships and networks to strengthen manager and leadership development across the organization
- Stay abreast of latest trends and best practices to apply internally as it aligns with our management and leadership development strategy
- Effectively manage budgets, vendor relationships, and program logistics
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field
- Master's degree, PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification strongly preferred
- 8 or more years of directly related experience is required
- Extensive knowledge of Human Resources, learning and development theory and practices, management and leadership development methodology, performance and skill assessment, consulting, manager and executive coaching, instructional design, program management, and vendor management.
- Passion for driving simplicity and improved manager capability and leadership development, organizational efficiency and effectiveness through the implementation of talent development strategies. Experience implementing best practices and knowledge of SaaS industry talent development trends.
- Ability to work in a hands-on environment, seamlessly moving between strategy and execution.
- Ability to coach, mentor, motivate, and influence key partners, stakeholders, and business leaders to take positive action and be accountable for their assigned work and impact on the employee experience and business results.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders at various levels of the organization; consultative and collaborative style that allows for influence without authority.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Strong business acumen, coaching, facilitation, and consulting skills.
- 15% - 25% travel (may fluctuate as business needs evolve)
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You'll Be Rewarded
Base Pay Range in Colorado: $152,000 - 182,000
Discretionary bonus typically paid annually
Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
401 (k) match
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
Trust: Rely on each other.
Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
Involvement: Ability to participate in Business Employee Resource Groups (Black, Hispanic, Asian, Women, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Veterans, Disabilities), Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workiva supports employees in working where they work best - either from an office or remotely from any location within their country of employment.