About The Role
This is a Corporate position located in Missoula, MT.
The entry-rate for this position is $110,555 + /annually (calculated for Missoula, MT). All compensation offers are analyzed individually and take into consideration multiple factors including but not limited to geographic location, years of experience, and educational background.
The role of the IT Systems Manager is to ensure stable operation of datacenter computer systems, including compute, virtualization, storage and backups. Leads a team of systems administrators and engineers, as well as maintains skills to fill in and perform systems management functions when necessary. This includes planning, designing, deploying, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing IT systems.
This role’s core responsibilities include:
- Monitors the performance of information technology systems and makes recommendations for improving IT infrastructure.
- Oversees the annual IT infrastructure budget and ensures cost-effectiveness.
- Identifies ways to improve the cost efficiency of technology, continually evaluating vendor solutions in place, and proposing solutions to increase efficiency either through vendor selection and accountability or coordination with operations.
- Recommend improvements to server software/hardware and infrastructure standards in order to improve the reliability, performance and/or cost of the solutions.
- Leads infrastructure related IT projects such as implementation of new systems.
- Ensures timely resolution and proper documentation of all IT help desk tickets received through an incident tracking system.
- Supports a wide range of hardware.
- Interacts with vendors to order equipment/software to maintain inventory.
- Implements technology solutions for strategic initiatives, including requirements definition, procurement, configuration and installation of technology for new services.
- Trains staff on various IT topics.
Conducts regular meetings with operations to assure technology is functioning reliably and meeting operational needs.