Job Title: IT Supervisor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Normal Hours: M-F, 8-5
Reports to: VP/GM Worland
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Supervises all computer operations, typically including processing of subscriber billing, customer orders, tariff data, trouble reporting, plant records, mapping, accounting, and inventory control. Responsibilities include maintenance of computer hardware and peripheral equipment, maintenance of computer operating systems, and acquisition and/or development of software programs and applications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises daily activities of Information Systems areas by scheduling and assigning work of IT and Business System Technicians. As well as, determining methods for doing work, checking quality of work, answering questions, handling personnel issues, and monitoring work flow to ensure timely completion of activities. Evaluates department staffing needs and recommends new positions and applications as appropriate.
- Provides system support, maintenance, and planning for billing, service order, customer service, accounting, engineering, and plant management. Implements changes to existing systems to improve validity of stored data.
- Ensures dependable computer operations by maintaining computer operating systems, hardware, and peripheral equipment.
- Prepares annual computer budget hardware and software needs.
- Governs the administration, installation and configurations associated with LAN/WAN equipment including routers and peripheral equipment. Administers on-site ISP equipment.
- Maintains system firewalls in order to protect company systems and information.
- Maintains current industry knowledge, evaluates products for the purpose of acquisitions, and evaluates/develops software programs and applications to meet the needs of the organization.
- Assists with the deployment of business key systems.
- Attends various meetings with management, departments, and vendors to ensure information technology objectives are met. Participates in interdepartmental planning.
- Trains and updates Information Systems Technicians on applications changes and improvements. Develops training programs related to Information Technology as appropriate.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned by management*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans with Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Knowledge of technical languages, platforms and applications.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Knowledge of telecommunications billing, customer service and plant functions.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs, and telephone systems.
- Skill in problem solving and resolution.
- Skill in reading and interpreting technical documents and information.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to create a team environment and sustain employee morale.
Education and Experience:
Any Combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field* PLUS one to three years of supervisory experience preferred.