About the Role
If you are a senior communications executive with a background in fintech and a penchant for disrupting traditional financial services, this role may be for you.
In this role, you will lead the communications strategy and execution across external and internal audiences. We are looking for a driven, effective communication leader who is passionate about helping Figure connect the dots. You will build, scale, and execute earned media strategies, company-wide communications programs and content that increase awareness and consideration with our target audiences, and show why our work matters. You will provide strategic communication guidance to cross-functional partners on a wide range of complex topics.
What you’ll do
- Define the strategy, drive execution and meet aggressive strategic communications goals and objectives
- Curate and coordinate messages across various channels and forums while strengthening Figure’s Brand Awareness with major media outlets and influencers in the Fintech
- Drive innovation on communications strategy beyond traditional media for both external and internal audiences
- Leverage relationships with appropriate media outlets and speaking engagements to successfully showcase our differentiation in the competitive landscape
- Provide strategic communication support to cross-functional partners on a wide range of complex topics including business performance, new product launches, new internal programs, thought leadership and company and team achievements, etc.
- Provide direct, hands-on support to key senior leaders to develop thought leadership content opportunities
- Establish, track, and iterate on communications measurements that gauge effectiveness of external and internal communications
- Create scalable feedback channels to create a listening and learning organization and drive engagement with our communication channels.
- Drive agency, media, conference and content relationships to elevate and promote Earned media exposure across multiple business lines.
What we look for
- 8+ years of experience in corporate communications, in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment in Fintech
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (a background as a writer is a plus)
- Existing agency and media relationships a plus and ability to develop new relationships and work with agencies, media and employees at all levels, including executive leadership, across a wide variety of company functions
- An entrepreneurial, strategic mindset and fine-tuned project management skills
- Comfort and proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Resilient and able to work autonomously in the face of ambiguity