About the Role
We are looking for a Principal Product Designer to join our Design team to create simple, elegant, and thoughtful solutions for Figure’s Marketplace, and Equity Solutions products.
What you’ll do:
- Craft a consistent, unified experience for our users that’s easy to learn and simple to use.
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond.
- Collaborate with peers in Design, Product Management, and Engineering to define product and design decisions.
- Think systematically and work with the design system to make elegant and simple experiences that embody our brand.
- Manage projects and shifting priorities to align the team, set expectations, and deliver designs on time.
- Mentor team-members with your knowledge and expertise.
- Work with a smart group of people who are pushing the boundaries for products in the realm of finance by participating in frequent constructive critiques and collaboration sessions.
- Showcase your outstanding ability to synthesize and simplify complex data and break them down into actionable steps.
What we Look For
- 6+ years of experience as a Product Designer that includes working at a startup and on software or system based products.
- Experience in working on B2B2C products where you have to balance direct business customer feedback with the needs of the end consumer.
- Comfortable asking questions, leveraging existing design patterns, collaborating with product and engineering to develop work flows and designs that are focused and intuitive to use.
- Strong allergic reaction to complexity, and a desire to keep user experiences as simple as possible even as a product's functionality expands.
- Proficient or familiar with Figma. Quick to learn and hone expertise in the tool.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a related design major or equivalent work experience.
- You are an open-minded and accountable individual who respects collaboration and empathy with the team.
- You have a keen eye for detail and hierarchy and evaluate your designs both functionally and visually to ensure user-friendliness.
- You embody thoughtful and holistic decisions in your design process by evaluating all the information and constraints at hand.
- You have a strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology across various platforms including web, OS-native apps, and embedded apps.
- You know when to bypass minor UX testing and lean on your expertise to deliver results, but also know when to propose initiatives to fill in the gaps.
- You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, seeing ambiguity and shifting priorities as opportunities to make an impact.