Applied Materials, Inc. is the global leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Applied Materials’ MMS Manufacturing Engineering Department is searching for an intern to join our team in summer 2023! Our department provides key services to both internal and external customers, by bringing manufacturing input to design engineers and their teams as well as manufacturing production and R & D components for many of the Applied Materials Business Units. The position will entail the following:
- Assisting with the Tube Welding Department to help benchmark current processes as well as help implement improvements and develop new and improved processes. Projects will include spaghetti diagrams, time studies, work instructions, fixture design and process flow.
- Learning about the build cycle of manufactured components produced in the MMS Facilities, including operations in tube CNC tube bending, tube welding, assembly, and quality control measurements and inspection. Projects can include production support, program generation for CNC tube bending and documentation of processes and procedures for fabrication.
- Support local facilities through assistance with understanding engineering drawings and other build documents as well as problem solving, reporting and documentation of solutions.
- Student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- Student must be in good academic standing at their university, with a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Student must have an interest in manufacturing and fabrication.
- Mechanical engineering experience in the manufacturing areas is helpful, but not required.
- Student must be a quick learner who is able to work as a part of a team and take the position as leader when required.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
$30 - 33 per hour
The rate offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and education level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.