Zoot Enterprises is hiring a Python Software Developer for our Core Software Integration (CSI) team. This position, officially titled Software Developer, within Core Software Integration (CSI) Team at Zoot focuses on developing software solutions to perform integration and back-end processes that manipulate, analyze, and transport sensitive data in a secure, distributed environment.
The CSI Team within Zoot is responsible for designing, developing, testing, and documenting the software for integrating Zoot’s tools including monitoring, consolidation, archiving, deployment and reporting.
As a leader in the fintech industry, Zoot provides a cloud based secure processing environment that delivers millisecond real-time decisions, accessing hundreds of cutting edge data sources to help reduce risk and increase conversions.
This position will be located in either our Bozeman or Billings, Montana, office. No remote work.
Primary Job Duties
- Expertise in python programming.
- Design, develop and maintain integration software in accordance with internal or external client specifications, following Zoot programming practices and procedures.
- Test and validate code to ensure that it meets specifications and requirements. Record and analyze test data.
- Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in industry technology. Become and remain versed in technologies including languages, operating systems, development tools, etc.
- Analyze and understand project requirements to formulate and implement programmatic solutions that efficiently and effectively address said requirements.
- Solution focused, providing reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound troubleshooting and problem solving techniques.
- Develop an understanding of Zoot’s distributed system; development process; transaction flow; credit processing business; company structure; internal tools; and related rules, regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Provide technical support, training and documentation to software teammates and other departments.
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion.
- Respond to requests to assist in critical problem resolution, including periodic after-hours support needs.
- Utilize ticketing system to track defects and requested enhancements.
- Use Change Management/Release Management processes to develop and deploy code and/or functionality to the production environment.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement software replacements or upgrades.
- Advise, mentor, train or assist developers at other skill levels, as needed, to ensure timely releases of high quality code.
- Compliance with and knowledge of Zoot’s Policies and Procedures, Code of Business Conduct, and Employee Agreement.
- Achieve a service-focused culture with emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned – it is understood that this list of major duties and responsibilities is not an inclusive list and that other duties and responsibilities, which may include helping others in the same or different departments, may be assigned by supervision.
Required and Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or a related field is preferred.
- At least 3+ years of related professional work experience in a technology field or, an equal combination of education and experience.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- All positions at Zoot require the ability to move about inside an office environment which includes the operation of computers and other office productivity machinery and frequently communicates with other employees, clients, vendors, and visitors.
- This position will take place primarily in an office setting.
- This position may require travel up to 5% of the time.
Zoot Benefits Include
- Proudly based in beautiful Bozeman and Billings, Montana
- Casual Attire
- Bring Your Well Behaved Dog
- On-site Child Care Center (Bozeman)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- On-site Cafeteria (Bozeman)
- Espresso & Snack Bar (Bozeman)
- On-site Fitness Center & Fitness Classes (Bozeman)
- Private Disc Golf Course (Bozeman)
- Private Sports Park with Putting Green, Bocce, and Volleyball (Billings)
- Underground Parking (Bozeman)
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, & Holidays
- 401(k) with Generous Company match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Fun Committee and Family-Friendly Events
- Wellness Committee dedicated to Health, Mental Wellbeing, Fitness, & Nutrition