Job Summary: This position is responsible for proposing and selling advanced communication products and services to Enterprise and Mid-Market customers. Also responsible for managing the accounts after the sale to ensure customer satisfaction. This position is an annual quota-based sales position.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively contact and engage Enterprise and Mid-Market businesses providing a consultative sales approach to analyze and propose solutions that better serve the telecommunications needs of these customers. Responsible for identifying potential products and services to be quoted and sold, which may require collaboration with the sales engineering team, written proposals or product demonstrations as required; be aware of, and promote corporate initiatives, new product lines, managed services, etc.
- Following the client’s agreement to purchase, assist in the preparation of all necessary contract documentation and accurately adhere to corporate process guidelines; interface with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction with services.
- Maintain ongoing customer relationships with periodic telephone, email and on-premises visits to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction with all services purchased. This includes keeping customers informed of new products, current upgrade offerings or changes to their telecommunication services.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date client account records and information including contacts, prospecting details, proposals status, forecasting revenue, and sales funnel history in conjunction with company Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Participate in company-sponsored training and stay current with changes and developments in the telecommunications industry; gather competitive information on products and services, maintain market awareness, and share this information with the sales team.
- Represent company and our products/services at local or industry functions and community events, including after hours events.
- In collaboration with sales engineering team, strategically assess individual accounts to uncover applications for future solutions within the Company.
- Achieve or exceed sales quotas on a quarterly and annual basis as defined by the Company.
- Engage net new customers to drive new business and incremental revenue to Blackfoot Communications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- company policies and procedures.
- current and emerging products and services and their value propositions.
- general office practices and procedures.
- time management and organizational skills.
- marketing and sales practices and principles.
- write original material, edit, proofread and finalize written material.
- gather and report numerical data and produce statistical reports.
- operate various office equipment such as a computer, copy machine, fax machine and multi- line telephone.
- may be required to pass product exams (at a defined proficiency level) regarding product and service offerings
- work independently and within a team.
- think analytically and be a problem solver
- sell products and services effectively.
- meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales quota objectives/goals.
- communicate effectively, both in writing and in speaking, with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- work completely and accurately under time constraints and deadlines
- work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- read, analyze, and interpret reports
- provide excellent customer service
- maintain confidentiality of company records when required.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to the following education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would qualify. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business/sales, or related field is preferred but not required; 3+ years of outside sales in complex telecommunications, data, software, hardware, IT, etc. solutions, preferable in an outside sales environment.
Any noted minimum or maximum years of experience should not be construed as a requirement for consideration; this information is meant to be used as a suggested guideline.