Work Location: Butte, MT
Pay range: $58,600 to $126,000
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
External candidates apply at northwesternenergy.com
Internal candidates apply through iConnect.
About this position:
The Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support for the Gas Transmission and Storage (GTS) Department. This Engineer will be involved in a variety of different areas associated with gas transmission and storage including planning, design, construction and field support for compression, pipelines, control equipment, cathodic protection, measurement & regulation, field operations, construction/maintenance and gas processing. Routinely work with other departments such as environmental, real estate, contracts, accounting, and regulatory. The job function, based out of Butte, requires about 50 percent travel to GTS related facilities throughout Montana.
We offer great benefits:
NorthWestern Energy is a fully regulated electric and natural gas utility serving Montana, South Dakota and Nebraska. We employ 1,500 amazing people and serve 753,600 customers who are our neighbors in our communities. We are a top employer and offer competitive benefits, including:
- 401K with company match up to 4% and non-elective contribution up to 7%
- Healthcare and wellbeing programs, including dental and vision for you, your spouse and dependents, Health Savings Account (HSA), healthcare and dependent care flexible spending account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Programs (Offering up to six free counseling sessions, per person, per issue, per year for employees, spouses and dependents to include financial heath)
- Life Insurance (Company pays basic employee policy; spouse, dependent insurance also available)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive pay (Scheduled performance-based wage increases and annual incentive opportunities.)
- Paid company endorsed volunteer opportunities
- Paid parental leave
- Paid bereavement leave
- Paid training opportunities
- Paid time off starting on your first day, plus 11 paid holidays
Benefits may vary by position or as negotiated as part of a collective bargaining agreement.
About this job:
- Provide engineering design, support, training and troubleshooting related to Gas Transmission & Storage facilities.
- Serve in a capacity as project engineer for natural gas facilities such as pipelines, measurement & regulation stations, compressor stations and gas treatment equipment
- Must understand 49 Code of Federal Regulation related to oil and gas parts 191 & 192.
- Perform economic evaluations, develop budget items and evaluate new products and services.
- Must be able to work in both field and office environments with exposure to all field hazards and weather
- Provide on-site technical assistance as needed
- Use of safe work practices in the design, construction, and maintenance of facilities
- Time will be spent in an office environment with exposure to field environment, and project oversight during design and construction. Anticipated travel up to 50% to jobsite, trainings, and seminars
- Work extended hours including evenings and weekends in response to acute service needs
- Perform individual lifts of supplies and materials weighing up to 35 pounds
- All NorthWestern Energy employees are required to adhere to company safety standards and the Code of Business Conduct & Ethics
- Ensure actions are consistent with NorthWestern Energy's values, mission, and strategic business objectives
Am I right for this job? Here's the success profile:
- Demonstrate a good safety record, positive safety attitude, and safety awareness
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required (Mechanical, Civil, Petroleum, Chemical)
- Must have the ability and willingness to obtain a Professional Engineer's License
- Good organizational skills and have the ability to handle multiple conflicting tasks or projects and stressful situations.
- Excellent computer, communication and technical writing skills
- Self-motivated and be able to work independently or in a team environment
- Valid driver's license or the ability to obtain one is required
- Recognize and react to abnormal operating conditions
- Must meet related "operator qualification" standards to ensure qualification to perform assigned tasks and to recognize and react to abnormal operating conditions as specified in Title 49 CFR, Part 192
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class in accordance with applicable federal or state laws and statutes. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 1-800-245-6977 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.