Serves as primary point of contact for residential and small business customers. Assists customers with billing inquiries, new service requests, disconnects, and special deposits. Investigates credit references of new customers, negotiates payment arrangements, and may perform collection functions on delinquent accounts. Sells and promotes services of the company while dealing with new and existing customers. Responsible for meeting established sales goals. Inputs repair and trouble reports and reports them to appropriate managers and area supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides customer service by assisting residential and small business customers with billing inquiries, new service requests, service plan changes and disconnects, and service questions and concerns. Completes appropriate paperwork and computer entry for service plan changes and disconnects. Maintains accurate billing records associated with residential and small business customers.
- Handles disconnects and reconnects of services of customers with late payments. May perform collection functions on delinquent accounts.
- May be responsible for directory and its associated tasks.
- Investigates credit references on new customers as appropriate.
- Promotes and sells services to new and existing customers including non-regulated services such as long distance, Broadband, and customer premise equipment.
- Responsible for meeting established monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales goals.
- Develops and sends correspondence to customers including welcome packets, LOAs, etc. Develops and maintains spreadsheet information on customer accounts as needed.
- May receive and process customer payments as needed.
- Receives and inputs repair trouble calls and service orders.
- Receives and transfers to appropriate departments call trap information.
- Responsible for reporting repair trouble reports including customer service and special service to appropriate manager and area supervisor.
- Responsible for requesting and/or responding to LSR’s (local service request) regarding LNP’s (local number portability).
- Ensure integrity of subscriber privacy
- Adhere to CPNI an Red Flag Rules for Identity Theft
- Must work effectively as a team player
- Submit accurate timesheets and business expense reports in a timely manner
- Attend and participate in company safety and training meetings
- Perform other related duties assigned by management*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans with Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Knowledge of basic cashiering and bookkeeping practices.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, copier, fax, and telephone systems.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skills in prioritizing and completing multiple projects.
- Skill in identifying problems and resolutions.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent PLUS one year of customer service experience.