The Middleware Developer position works closely with all corporate IT groups and business contacts to develop, enhance, debug, support, maintain, and test data and application integrations that leverage our middleware system at HTLF. The position participates in all aspects of providing these solutions from design and development to implementation.
- Collaborates with business facing teams to fully understand and define system requirements and makes recommendations for business solutions. Develops technical specifications and technical unit test plans based on these requirements.
- Implements integrations via APIs and/or no-code/low code middleware tools as appropriate to fulfill defined requirements.
- Evaluates current system capabilities to identify changes that need to be made and determines the impact to the business while ensuring that programming and software requirements fulfill business objectives.
- Designs, develops, and modifies programs, objects and processes to complete smaller projects as well as supporting larger complex projects.
- Identifies resources and communicates system requirements and timelines to manager or PMO.
- Provides ongoing system and programming support in responsible area and maintains up-to-date knowledge of new and suitable applications and understands their potential uses as they relate to the functional area supported.
- Performs functionality tests of applications and systems while evaluating results and makes modifications to improve system performance.
- Identifies issues that will delay on-time delivery and assists in resolving them. Communicates to management direction, status, and problems and resolutions with work assignments through status reports.
- Follows established methodologies during system development and ensures systems adhere to the standards and procedures established by the IT department. Develops and maintains all system related documentation.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This job has no management responsibilities.
- Bachelors Computer Science Or Related Field required or equivalent experience required
- 5-7 years experience implementing middleware-based integration solutions (such as Mulesoft, Informatica, etc. Informatica preferred) required
- 3-5 years Middleware integration development, design and architecture experience required
- Experience using source control tools such as GIT or Bitbucket required
- Experience using cloud-based integration and data warehouse tools required
- Proficiency in data formats such as XML, CSV and JSON required
- Proficiency in typical integration technologies such as HTTP, JMS, JDBC, REST, SOAP, WebServices and APIs required
- Proficiency with SQL required
- Proficiency with Java required
- Ability to work in an agile matrix managed environment required
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Time Type: Full time
The targeted salary for this role is: