WE ARE LOOKING FOR
onX is seeking a talented full-stack Web Engineer to work on our Growth Marketing team. This team is a fast-moving team responsible for developing the onX websites, and building tools to enable the Brand, Marketing, and Product teams. The ideal candidate for this job understands design, development, and growth tactics. They will be innovative and be able to use their engineering talents in a complementary way to impact customer growth at onX. This person will report to the Lead Growth Engineer.
WHO YOU ARE
- Team Accelerator. You have worked with teams like SEO, User Acquisition, Marketing Ops, Design, and QA. You know their needs and are able to contribute ideas and implement supporting solutions.
- Detail Oriented. You know which details matter. You are able to work quickly and make decisions without sacrificing mission-critical features.
- Metrics Matter. You know data plays a major role in web development and strategy. You know how to measure impact, gain insights, and optimize the performance of features, pages, and components. You know how to show a solution's success and learn from its failures.
- Revenue & Efficiency Driver. The beauty—and the challenge—of website content and conversion rate optimization is how deeply it’s tied to revenue and company growth. That thrills you because you’re going to make a direct impact.
- Customer Focused. You genuinely care for the end-users and work for the good of the customer while addressing stakeholder requirements.
- Ambitious Executer. You’ve achieved deadlines and innovation within website and web application development before. You have prior examples or experience under your belt and are ready to take on building more designs, templates, and back-end functions. You understand the limitations of the browser and know how to push it to the limit when needed.
(Essential Job Duties)
- Build scalable web design solutions that empower a wide spectrum of marketing strategies and stakeholders.
- Participate in business and marketing strategy, development, and prioritization.
- Provide support for stakeholders of our solutions.
- Collaborate effectively with other team members and stakeholders.
- Participate in an on-call schedule to support backend services after work hours.
- Perform large-scale experimentation and build data-driven models to answer business questions, consistently improving the accuracy and reliability of results.
- Leverage and extend existing onX services and marketing tools.
- Lead by example. Mentor and provide support for junior developers.
- Embody onX's company value.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional software development experience is required, where web development was your professional focus for at least three (3) or more years.
- You have experience working with marking teams using a variety of content management systems/custom solutions.
- You are proficient at building web applications using a variety of software, which means you're able to mentor other team members on effectively utilizing Photoshop, Figma, and Sketch.
- You have a strong web development foundation.
- You want to work with other happy, talented engineers.
- Self-starter with the ability to find solutions for unstructured problems.
- You write great code.
- You’re fun to work with.
- Solid understanding of SEO and conversion optimization. Understanding of search engines, page speed, and accessibility best practices.
- Solid understanding of UX/UI design concepts.
- Experience working with ES+, and React.js (optional: Vue, TS).
- Experience working with PHP and PHP-based Frameworks ( ie: Laravel, WordPress).
- Background in relational databases such as MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Experience working with build tools like webpack.
- Experience working with Docker.
Hybrid from Montana or fully remote from select locations. onX’s corporate offices are located in Missoula and Bozeman, Montana. This position can be performed near a corporate office or remotely from one of onX’s “Basecamps,” which are emerging locations where our remote onXers cluster for work and adventure. onX’s current Basecamps are located within a 120-mile radius of the following: Austin, TX; Denver, CO; Minneapolis, MN; Portland, OR; Salt Lake City, UT; and Seattle, WA.
Software Engineering applicants outside of these locations will be considered on an individual basis and still encouraged to apply, except for AK, HI, IL, MA, NY, ND, OH, WY, and Washington DC. For more information, please contact recruitment@onXmaps.com.