Mesa Labs’ Manufacturing Engineering Department is searching for an intern to join our team in summer 2023! Our department provides key services to internal customers by bringing manufacturing and metrology expertise to our production areas at the Bozeman site. The position will entail the following:
· Assisting the manufacturing engineering and metrology teams to help benchmark current processes as well as help implement improvements and develop new and improved processes. Projects may include process flow diagrams, instrumentation calibration checks, digitizing ops manuals, and some basic project management, as well as observing current manufacturing methods and providing insight for possible improvements.
· Learning about the manufacturing of various biological indicator (BI) products and how manufacturing engineering and metrology are critical and necessary to the production of high-quality products.
· Support department staff by understanding engineering drawings and other build documents, as well as problem solving, reporting and documentation of solutions.
· Assist the department manager with some basic lean and six sigma projects, including 5S and basic statistical process control analysis.
· Preference given to students with a recommendation letter from a professor in a relevant department
· Student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Industrial Engineering, Biological Engineering, or a related field
· Student must be in good academic standing at their university, with a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
· Student must have an interest in manufacturing and instrumentation and has an aptitude for electro-mechanical devices
· Engineering/technician experience in a production facility is helpful, but not required
· Student must be a quick learner who is able to work as a part of a team, and a self-starter who can “run” with duties as assigned
· Must be prompt and reliable by showing up on time and ready to work every workday
· Cell phone use must be kept to a minimum