Mesa Labs’ Production Maintenance Department is searching for an intern to join our team in summer 2023! Our department provides key services to internal customers by supporting production operations at the Bozeman site. The position will entail the following:
· Assisting the production maintenance teams to help identify issues and perform repairs on electro-mechanical production equipment.
· Learning about the manufacturing of various biological indicator (BI) products and how maintenance is critical and necessary to the production of high-quality products.
· Support department staff by understanding engineering drawings and other build documents, as well as problem solving, reporting and documentation of solutions.
· Assist the department manager with basic lean projects, including 5S.
· Preference given to students with a recommendation letter from a professor in a relevant department
· Student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
· Student must be in good academic standing at their university, with a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
· Student must have an interest in production and machinery and be comfortable around mechanical and electrical equipment
· Engineering/technician experience in a production facility is helpful, but not required
· Student must be a quick learner who is able to work as a part of a team, and a self-starter who can “run” with duties as assigned
· Must be prompt and reliable by showing up on time and ready to work every workday
· Cell phone use must be kept to a minimum