Applied Materials AGS Automation Products Group is hiring an application engineer to support product development, customer deployment, services, and support for Applied SmartFactory® and SmartFactory Rx® automation products and solutions in the areas of manufacturing execution, factory performance, equipment performance, and advanced process control. Additionally, candidate will drive continuous improvement, help improve knowledge base management, and seek opportunities to build organizational efficiencies using technology, AI, machine learning, automation, and optimization.
- Test new builds, patches, versions prior to releasing in customer’s environment
- Triage and troubleshoot issues across the CIM (e.g. MES, Equipment Automation, CMMS, process control systems, message bus)
- Work with product engineering’s QA team on continuous improvement activities
- Assist project manager by tracking issues, patches, and resolution
- Coordinate customer’s internal teams to deploy and optimize CIM solutions to achieve factory KPIs
- Coordinate with systems administration and IT teams on developing and deploying CIM solutions.
- Present technical information to customers including technical contributors and managers.
- Create and implement software training and/or demonstrations
- Project management tasks
- Perform software installations
- Knowledge base contribution/management
- Respond to customer requests for proposal (RFP)
- Develop and deliver statements of work (SOW)
- Improve operations through continuous improvement standards such as: 8D, Six Sigma, Kaizen, 5-Whys.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in semiconductor manufacturing as process engineer, software or IT engineer, or manufacturing engineer
- Experience with factory automation applications with specific knowledge in MES, equipment automation, and application integration
- Familiar with SEMI standards
- Experience working with other factory automation systems such as recipe management, process control, planning, scheduling, dispatching
- Project management skills with ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Working knowledge of databases and use of SQL.
- Working proficiency using programming and scripting languages such as R, Python, C#, Java, C++
Other Functional Knowledge
- Software expertise – familiarity working with enterprise automation software running on Windows, Unix, Linux platforms with Oracle database
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Education and Experience: BS or MS degree in engineering or IT/IS related field
- Experience in factory operations
- Preferred to have knowledge of Applied Materials applications and platforms such as FACTORYworks, FAB300, PROMIS, E3, APF, CLASS MCS 5
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.