Zoot Enterprises, Inc. is now accepting applications for a Software Developer in Billings, Montana. This position, officially titled Solutions Developer, works within Zoot's Client Delivery Group, collaborating with cross-functional teams to support clients by implementing and maintaining client solutions. The Solutions Developer position analyzes user requirements to create designs, generate test plans, develop, test, and implement solutions, as well as providing on-going support and maintenance within Zoot's core WebRules tool. The Solutions Developer position is fast paced and ever changing, requiring flexibility, self-initiative, and regular management of changing priorities. Occasional nighttime and weekend work is required within the position.
The Solutions Developer role is a common entry point into Zoot, where you'll have the opportunity to learn and work within our core tools to develop client solutions. Experience in the Solutions Developer role can lead to additional career opportunities to other roles within our Delivery Group, including Platform Technical Lead, Quality Assurance Analyst, Business Analyst, and Project Manager, or even eventually into personnel management roles such as Client Delivery Manager. Successful Solutions Developers also end up being strong candidates for other development roles within Zoot, including our Java Engineer or Core Software Engineer positions, or other roles such as an Architect position. Zoot is a strong believer in internal growth, development, and promotions, and many who have been here for a number of years began their Zoot career as a Solutions Developer.
The Delivery Group includes multiple cross-functional teams that partner with specific clients to achieve their business objectives. Each Delivery team works directly with clients on a daily basis to build relationships while implementing and maintaining client solutions using Zoot’s tools and services.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform with a service-focused mindset with emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality products and services.
- Analyze and fully understand project requirements and design to formulate and implement effective and efficient solutions.
- Use Zoot Tools and Services to develop and maintain client software in accordance with client specifications, capabilities, best practices, design patterns, and microservices.
- Perform unit, integration, and end-to-end testing to verify code meets specifications and requirements.
- Conduct production environment research, monitoring, and problem solving in collaboration with Service Desk and other team members to ensure functioning software.
- Provide reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques.
- Develop an understanding of Zoot systems components and dependencies, to ensure that project code is fully integrated with other aspects of a platform.
- Develop an understanding of Zoot’s distributed system and services as well as transactional flow.
- Understand Zoot Capabilities and supported solution types in order to support the project team, Service Desk, and the client.
- Compliance with and knowledge of Zoot’s Policies and Procedures, Code of Business Conduct, and Employee Agreement.
- Achieve a service-focused culture with emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned – it is understood that this list of major duties and responsibilities is not an inclusive list and that other duties and responsibilities, which may include helping others in the same or different departments, may be assigned by supervision.
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Software Engineering or related field.
- All positions at Zoot require the ability to move about inside an office environment which includes the operation of computers and other office productivity machinery and frequently communicates with other employees, clients, vendors, and visitors.
- This position specifically requires a long period of sitting at a computer work station.
- This position will take place primarily in an office setting.
- This position will require travel 0% of the time.
- The Solutions Developer position is fast paced and ever changing, requiring flexibility, self-initiative, and regular management of changing priorities.
- Occasional nighttime and weekend work is required within the position.
Zoot Benefits Include:
- Proudly based in beautiful Bozeman and Billings, Montana
- Casual Attire
- Bring Your Well Behaved Dog
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Private Sports Park
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, & Holidays
- 401(k) with Generous Company match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Fun Committee and Family Friendly Events
- Wellness Committee dedicated to Health, Fitness, & Nutrition