Skyfish is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will join our team to help develop graphical user interface apps, information systems, and robotic control software. We are looking for a persistent, creative problem solver with excellent software engineering skills, attention to detail, the ability to prioritize well and communicate clearly, and a consistent track record of delivering top-quality software on time. Must be able to work across multiple facets of the projects.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop software requirements by conferring with users to determine their needs, including data flow, workflow, and unique problem areas.
- Collaborate with other teams to brainstorm and devise new products.
- Propose solutions in the form of mock-ups, diagrams, and charts.
- Prepare design documents and system specifications.
- Apply professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- A degree in Computer Science from an accredited university
- Strong object-oriented design and programing skills
- Experience developing for Windows and Linux operating systems
- Ability to use Git
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer preferred
- Java, HTML, CSS, shell scripting, and PHP skills preferred
- Familiarity with communication protocols, microcontrollers, and SoCs preferred
- Machine learning – particularly machine vision – experience preferred
- BlueCross BlueShield health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Stock option plan
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Flexible work week (5 8-hour days or 4 10-hour days, depending on your preference)