PayneWest’s Employee Health and Benefits team is looking for a passionate and people-oriented customer service professional to develop, implement and deliver outstanding insurance and risk management customer service to our clients. As an Account Manager you are in charge of ensuring a smooth client experience by managing day-to-day customer service interactions and maintaining strong and long-lasting relationships with our clients.
We will give you access to mentorship, training, resources, and development to ensure your success, but you will need to supply the drive and desire to be a PayneWest professional. Our ideal candidate is hungry, humble and smart- they don’t stop short of excellence and are driven to do what’s best for their clients, colleagues, and communities.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work with customers and carriers to handle incoming service requests.
- Manage new and renewal insurance marketing: including negotiating with carriers, preparing presentation and proposal materials, collecting customer information and ordering insurance policies from carriers.
- Analysis: provide customers with insurance coverage analysis and recommendations for improved or additional coverage.
- Update customer information: keep accurate, up-to-date records on customers in our agency management system.
- Up sell & cross sell: work with your colleagues to find and follow-through on up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Customer service: ensure that you and your designated sales and service team provide effective and efficient customer service.
- Plus (the fine print): you’ll follow organization policies and procedures, sales and service standards and established workflows. You’ll ensure quality control through proper file documentation and maintenance. You’ll maintain confidentiality and be an all-around awesome member of our team.
Who We're Looking For
- You’re a client service expert. You’re passionate about delivering an exceptional level of customer service and support.
- You’re ready to throw all stereotypes of “insurance” out the window and love your job.
- You’re smart. You understand business and people.
- You’re good with people, even on the tough days. Good customer service is just part of who you are, and you love making people happy.
- You’re a team player. You maintain positive relationships with your colleagues—and you enjoy it.
- You’re that person everyone can depend on—to pay attention to details, to make deadlines, to be accurate and complete when interacting with clients, colleagues and carriers.
- You love to learn. You’re earnest about improving and pursuing professional development.
- You can adapt—because our industry changes constantly and so do the needs of our clients. You’re good at staying on your toes.
- You’re ready for a meaningful change. No more corporate vanilla structure for you. (Yes, an insurance company really just said that.)
- You embrace our core values: accountability, balance, excellence, integrity, respect and humanity.
We take pride in providing our colleagues with a competitive compensation package; we will honor all local and state salary thresholds. The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, and education. The minimum applicable base salary range for this position is $38,800/year and the maximum applicable base salary for this position is $82,900/year. Additionally, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives, annual profit sharing and a benefits package that includes paid paternity/maternity leave, medical leave, 401K savings and other wellbeing programs. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
We are excited to be a part of the Marsh McLennan Agency family, an organization with people that share our same values. They are high performing, culturally oriented, and community driven. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams.