Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference? At Mesa Labs we’re passionate about protecting the vulnerable by enabling scientific breakthroughs, ensuring product integrity, increasing patient and worker safety, and improving quality of life around the world.
The Production Maintenance Manager that supports our SDC business has responsibility for the management, development, and continual improvement of the site production maintenance team.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Implement a site wide TPM system for production equipment
- Create a team which lives and breathes safety, quality, and consistency
- Implement a maintenance request “ticketing” system, through collaboration with key stakeholders
- Oversee the development and maintenance of decision trees for basic equipment troubleshooting
- Develop PM procedures for operators and maintenance teams, and train the rollout
- Collaborate closely with Manufacturing Engineering to develop equipment capable of “quick change”, ease-of-maintenance, and modular design
- Implement a spare parts inventory program
- Create a visual workspace in the maintenance shop
- Implement and maintain a 5S program in the maintenance shop
- Drive continuous improvement to reduce MTTR, increase equipment safety, reduce costs (both direct and indirect) using Lean principles and data driven decision making
- Thrive within a TPM environment and continuously influence the team to do the same
- Lead maintenance-related RCA investigations to prevent recurrence
- Manage complex projects to support business need
- “Lean in” to perform non-management roles while the team continues to grow
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in production environment utilizing electromechanical equipment
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a team directly involved in production-related maintenance
- Thorough understanding of, and DEMONSTRATED EXPERIENCE with, TPM and associated continuous improvement activities
- Attention to detail and strong desire to communicate and document maintenance activities
- Proficient with mechanical machine design and required maintenance
- Strong affinity for all things safety
- Working knowledge of process control and factory automation systems
- Ability to create a training and proficiency program for CNC mill, lathe, Bridgeport, welder and other specialized maintenance tools
- Knowledge and ability to apply Lean principles and techniques like 5S
- Experience with 3rd-party maintenance/service contract creation and negotiation
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated hands-on electromechanical aptitude with the ability to work across disciplines
- Innovative mindset that drives continuous improvement and keeps pace with advances in technology
- Ability to understand and interpret schematics, technical drawings, and specifications
- Ability and willingness to mentor junior-level staff
- Working understanding of basic statistical analysis
- Ability to work in a team environment, including communicating status and resolutions to affected parties
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Word, Visio)
The company offers a comprehensive benefits package and compensation for this position. The package includes base salary, annual bonus, equity, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k/Match.
Mesa Labs is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Mesa Labs prohibits unlawful discrimination and harassment against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.