As a pioneer in digital outdoor navigation with a suite of apps, onX was founded in Montana, which in turn has inspired our mission to awaken the adventurer inside everyone. With more than 300 employees located around the country working in largely remote / hybrid roles, we have created regional “Basecamps” to help remote employees find connection and inspiration with other onXers. We bring our outdoor passion to work every day, coupling it with industry-leading technology to craft dynamic outdoor experiences.
Through multiple years of growth, we haven’t lost our entrepreneurial ethos at onX. We offer a fast-paced, growing, tech-forward environment where ownership, accountability, and passion for winning as a team are essential. We value diversity and believe it leads to different perspectives and inspires both new adventures and new growth. As a team, we’re hungry to improve, value innovation, and believe great ideas come from any direction.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
onX is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst with a passion for solving business challenges through data. As an onX Business Intelligence Analyst, you will be responsible for developing analytic capabilities to support and enable rapid growth and influence the Business Intelligence function throughout the organization. This role is expected to work at a strategic level, developing analytic insights to prioritize resources and champion data-driven decision-making. The Business Intelligence Analyst must be passionate about working with data, driven to dive deep, and strive to socialize business impacts to guide the broader organization.
The ideal candidate is adept at sourcing, developing, and employing datasets to explore opportunities for product and operations optimization. They must have prior experience using a variety of data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, and a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large datasets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes. This person will report to the Business Intelligence Manager.
Note: This position can only be performed from an onX corporate office or remote from a Basecamp or Talent Cluster (see details under "Where You Can Work")
As an onX Business Intelligence Analyst, your essential job duties and responsibilities will look like:
- Establishing best practices in reporting and analysis, including data integrity, accuracy, and reliability, as well as documentation.
- Gather reporting business requirements, translate them into functional data requirements and datasets to creatively deliver dashboard visualizations to effectively and simply represent performance and the root cause for a given metric.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to understand business needs and areas for improvement. Ideate and make recommendations for solutions and appropriate reports and analyses.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization, including VP and C-Suite levels, to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques, and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to develop and define key business questions, BI and development teams to set up proper data structure and collection, and design analyses that answer these questions.
- Documenting and communicating technical specifications to ensure that proper and optimized techniques, queries, and final deliverables are understood and incorporated into data and analytics processes.
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned by the supervisor
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Four years of experience in a Data Analyst, Business Intelligence, Marketing Analyst or similar role, where you were responsible for querying data, building datasets, developing metrics, identifying trends, and designing dashboards and reports using enterprise business intelligence tools.
- Intermediate experience with SQL, including query, view, and stored procedure creation and optimization, data modeling, data processing, and analytical functions.
- Experience with translating analytical and technical information into a user-friendly format.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude, and teamwork with customers, peers, and management.
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge to establish and manage timelines, and project priorities and handle multiple, concurrent projects. Maintain a sense of accountability and responsibility.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- A shared passion for and ability to demonstrate onX’s Company Values.
- Permanent US work authorization is a condition of employment with onX.
Though not required, we would be thrilled to consider candidates with any of the following:
- Working knowledge and high proficiency with reporting and analysis tools such as Looker, BigQuery and Tableau.
- Working knowledge of GitHub and version control best practices.
- Experience working with product analytics, including A/B testing, cohort analysis, funnel analysis, user segmentation, and customer journey mapping
- Experience working in subscription analysis, including customer acquisition, retention, churn and lifetime value analysis.
- Understanding of Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) solutions and processes to centralize and standardize data coming from one or more source systems.
WHERE YOU CAN WORK
onX has created a thriving distributed workforce community across several US locations. This position can only be performed from an onX corporate office or remote from a Basecamp or Talent Cluster.
- Corporate Offices: onX’s was founded in Montana with offices in Missoula and Bozeman. If you prefer to work in an office at least part of the time this is a great option.
- Basecamps: onX’s Basecamps are established virtual workforce communities where a sizable number of distributed team members group for work, volunteering, socializing, and adventure.
- Our current Basecamps are located within a 90-mile radius of the following: Austin, TX; Charlotte, NC; Denver, CO; Minneapolis, MN; Portland, OR; Salt Lake City, UT; and Seattle, WA.
- Talent Clusters: onX’s Talent Cluster locations are smaller, emerging communities of distributed team members.
- Our current Talent Clusters are located within a 60-mile radius of the following: Boise, ID; Charleston, SC; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Richmond, VA; Spokane, WA; and Vermont.
HOW YOU’LL BE COMPENSATED
onX is committed to compensating all employees fairly and equitably for their contributions. For this position, applicants can expect to make between $85,000 to $105,000 upon hire. The pay range will vary based on experience, skills, certifications, and education among other factors as required in the job description. In addition, full-time onX employees are eligible for a grant of common share options with a vesting schedule and a potential annual bonus of 10% based on company performance.
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salaries, annual bonuses, equity, and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive health benefits including a no-monthly-cost medical plan
- Parental leave plan of 5 or 13 weeks fully paid
- 401k matching at 100% for the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures and amazing outdoor industry perks
- Annual “Get Out, Get Active” funds to fuel your active lifestyle in and outside of the gym
- Flexible time away package that includes PTO, STO, VTO, quiet weeks, and floating holidays
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting - [90%]
- Standing - [0%]
- Walking - [10%]
- Bending - [Occasionally]
- Kneeling - [Some]
- Lifting - [Up to 25 pounds]
- Reaching - [Regularly]
- Telephone Use - [Yes]
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity - Yes
- Travel - [Up to X%]
onX COMPANY VALUES
Our principles guide the decisions making of our company. They define the culture at onX, what we have learned through experience and are the code by which we operate. They are fundamental, enduring and actionable–a benchmark by which we measure the team behavior and performance.
We put the customer first.
We are passionate.
We win as a team.
We take ownership.
We work with urgency.
We are curious and seek the truth.
We innovate & take risks.
At onX, we believe that diversity makes us better. Bringing together a diverse set of backgrounds, ideas, and opinions helps us to achieve our mission to awaken the adventurer in everyone. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. onX is committed to equal opportunity not only in our hiring practices but also in our employment practices, including but not limited to development, compensation, and promotion. We strive to build an inclusive work community where everyone can be their authentic self, and together, we win as a team. Come join us!