About the Role:
The Recruiting & People Operations Manager is a key builder of people and a leader of the Recruiting function. You will hold and manage important recruiting responsibilities that are critical to commonFont’s ability to grow our team in line with our business needs. You also will be expected to flex to contribute to additional and different responsibilities in People Operations, as our company’s needs evolve. With this, it’s important that you are versatile, flexible, and desire to hold responsibilities that are both broad and deep.
You are an entrepreneurial and hands-on manager who establishes and achieves ambitious goals, develops genuine relationships with people, and goes deep to solve problems. You build trust and credibility through your alignment with commonFont values, commitment to service leadership and collective success, and demonstrated ability to advance a high performance environment and team that helps our organization win. Your responsibilities will include:
Develop, deploy, and manage Recruiting strategy
- Develop strategy for candidate profiles mapped to role needs, in collaboration with the Managing Director of People Operations
- Hold responsibility for developing, maintaining, and advancing a hiring model that is integrated with organizational staffing needs
- Partner with organizational leaders to solicit and incorporate feedback that shapes Recruiting strategy
Manage candidate sourcing activities
- Develop perspectives informed by data, observations, and experiences of how to best attract high-quality candidates who are aligned with the special opportunities at commonFont
- Write role postings in collaboration with organizational leaders
- Partner with Marketing function to advance commonFont’s reach and recognition as an employer of choice
- Lead and manage work with external recruiting partners
Lead recruiting and interview process
- Oversee pipeline of candidates and interview process to ensure high-quality, high-performing new hires that meet the needs of the business and are aligned with commonFont core values
- Oversee the interview process, including training interviewers, preparing interview teams to engage with individual candidates, and identifying opportunities to improve the interview process
- Directly interview candidates to assess, share about commonFont, and inform the collective perspective of the interview team
- Facilitate hiring decisions that are informed by credible, comprehensive candidate assessment in relation to core requirements for a role
- Maintain and advance the use of commonFont’s recruiting platform
- Make employment offers to candidates
- Serve as a credible, confident and informed representative of commonFont when making hiring offers and engaging with candidate questions and feedback
Serve as a leader in People Operations
- Represent commonFont as a critical ambassador for our company, with full representation of commonFont values and in tune to identify those values in others
- Hold some other duties in People Operations as organizational needs might warrant, potentially including employee data management, benefits administration, compliance activities, and/or training and development
- Serve as a key organizational leader, helping to support the development of our recruiting competencies and capabilities across our organization and advancing commonFont’s culture
- Coach and mentor teammates, with the future potential of direct management of teammates; create a positive and accelerating culture for teammate professional growth and development that is aligned with business needs
You are a passionate, versatile leader with a commitment to leading teams to achieve exceptional results in a fast-paced, evolving, and high-performance environment. You set high standards for yourself and your teams, and are entrepreneurial, self-directed, and driven to make an impact. You are trustworthy, reliable, and take comprehensive ownership of work products from start to finish. You are empathetic and care deeply about service to other people.
- 5-7+ years professional experience holding manager-level responsibilities, including demonstrated ability to manage across multiple team members, stakeholders, and business objectives
- Well-developed experience working as part of a recruiting process for a high-performing organization. This could include experience interviewing candidates, sourcing candidates, or prior experience managing a recruiting operation.
- Career objective to invest and grow within the function of People Operations
- Versatile leader who is capable and desirous to take on different responsibilities within People Operations as organizational needs warrant
- Demonstrated highest standards and care for handling confidential information
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a way that demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness
- General manager mindset with ability to think both holistically and strategically as well as with detailed execution that create high-quality outcomes
- Flourishes working in a “startup” environment, with desire to get your hands dirty and build a foundation for growth
- Engages others with empathy, service-orientation, and focus on company success. Passion for living commonFont values and developing and growing those values in others in our team.
commonFont serves the world’s top enterprises, and we do so with a team of individuals who are self-starters, fun, collaborative, and care deeply about each other’s success. We accomplish all of this from offices in downtown Bozeman, Montana, a hip college town and tech hub with an exceptional quality of life and easy access to the mountains and rivers of the Rockies, and downtown Providence, Rhode Island, a growing tech hub recognized by CNN as the most creative city in the US. The Recruiting & People Operations Manager could be based out of either Bozeman or Providence, depending on your preference.