Zoot Enterprises, Inc. is searching for a motivated and driven individual to join our team as a Database Administrator. The Database Administrator within the IT Infrastructure team focuses on the setup, configuration, and day-to-day support of all database technologies which currently includes MSSQL, MySQL, and Oracle. This includes client and internal tool and product implementations. The Database Administrator develops and maintains applications and the security of the configurations of the database.
The IT group within Zoot is responsible for designing, constructing and maintaining the foundational information technology systems employed by the company to do business. This includes all aspects of the live hosting environment for our proprietary software as well as the desktop environments in use for each employee. The IT Infrastructure group within Zoot is responsible for designing, constructing, and maintaining the core infrastructure and core software for Zoot solutions.
This position will be located in our Bozeman, Montana, office. No remote work.
What You'll Do
- Assist with evaluating and recommending IT solutions, products, and services.
- Work with other personnel/departments to analyze hardware requirements and alternatives and make acquisition recommendations.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Maintain and administer deployment standards for OS builds, updates, and patch management.
- Install new software releases and system upgrades, evaluate and install patches, and resolve software related problems.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance and backups as necessary on servers.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of corporate computer systems.
- Provide technical support, training and documentation to the Information Technology team and auxiliary departments.
- Respond to requests to assist in critical problem resolution, including after-hours support needs.
- Utilize ticketing system to track defects and requested enhancements
- Use Change Management/Release Management processes to develop and deploy code and/or functionality to the production environment.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement hardware and software replacements or upgrades.
- Participate in scheduled monthly maintenance windows.
- Track billable time per client project on a monthly basis.
- Compliance with and knowledge of Zoot’s Policies and Procedures, Code of Business Conduct, and Employee Agreement.
- Achieve a service-focused culture with emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned – it is understood that this list of major duties and responsibilities is not an inclusive list and that other duties and responsibilities, which may include helping others in the same or different departments, may be assigned by supervision.
What You'll Bring to the Team
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field preferred
- At least 5 years of experience with MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle
- Or, an equal combination of education and experience
- Proudly based in beautiful Bozeman and Billings, Montana
- Casual Attire
- Bring Your Well Behaved Dog
- On-site Child Care Center (Bozeman)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- On-site Cafeteria (Bozeman)
- Espresso & Snack Bar (Bozeman)
- On-site Fitness Center & Fitness Classes (Bozeman)
- Private Disc Golf Course (Bozeman)
- Private Sports Park with Putting Green, Bocce, and Volleyball (Billings)
- Underground Parking (Bozeman)
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, & Holidays
- 401(k) with Generous Company match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Fun Committee and Family-Friendly Events
- Wellness Committee dedicated to Health, Mental Wellbeing, Fitness, & Nutrition
Zoot Enterprises is a global provider of advanced origination, acquisition and decision management solutions for financial institutions. We offer comprehensive and flexible platforms for specific business needs that include loan origination, fraud detection and prevention, data acquisition, and more.
For more than 30 years, we have launched solutions to market faster than the competition. Zoot has partnered with influential U.S. and international organizations including major financial institutions, retailers and payment providers to foster excellence in the financial services industry.
Based in beautiful Bozeman, MT, Zoot provides an engaging and committed culture that is passionate about our clients, our community and our people. With generous and comprehensive benefits, onsite child care, a dog-friendly office and more, Zoot can give you the “No Suits, Montana Roots” career you’ve been dreaming about.
Zoot Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for this posted position, contact our Human Resources Department via phone at 406-586-5050 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.