Rocky Mountain Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Rocky Mountain Bank is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"™The Database Administrator II is responsible for the implementation, configuration, design, maintenance, performance, and up-time of SQL RDBMS systems at Heartland Financial. This includes on-call support based on the database/application recovery timeframe. The main goal is to ensure the availability and consistent performance of various databases that support corporate applications.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains server configuration, migration, and other implementations.
2. Evaluates, recommends and creates database policies and procedures including support for high availability, virtual environments and storage systems.
3. Reviews requirements, creates designs, and implements logical and physical databases as required.
4. Proactively monitors DB performance, identifying and implementing corrective actions.
5. Manages DB security and administration, and support developing and enforcing protocols.
6. Documents the database environment configurations, data and work flows and processes.
7. Serves as a point of escalation and resolution for data integrity or performance issues and outages.
8. Serves as a technical resource to other teams and projects for developing database integrations with other corporate systems.
9. Assists in establishing and maintaining Service Level Agreements.
10. Provides on-call support for database or support application incidents or problems as requested
11. Ensures all database servers are configured to meet Business Recovery Point Objectives.
12. Tests backups to ensure Business Recovery Time Objectives can be met.
13. Remains up-to-date on the latest industry trends; articulates trends and potential clearly and confidently.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. 5-7 years of experience with Microsoft SQL database applications and related systems. 5-7 years of experience with support tools such as or similar to: Powershell, T-SQL and Visual Basic
2. 3-5 years of experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) methodologies
3. 3-5 years of experience with backups, restores and recovery models
4. Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science; or equivalent years of experience
5. Demonstrable experience of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
6. Extensive experience with Windows server, including Active Directory
7. Experience understanding change data capture concepts and related implementation options
8. Ability to evaluate data flows to provide suggestions to optimize delivery output, adhere to security protocols, and/or remain compliant with quality control standards
9. Preferred knowledge of other SQL and NoSQL database applications
10. Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
11. Accurate and precise attention to detail.
12. Excellent analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills.
13. Ability to document procedures and build work instructions
14. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Office 365
1. Microsoft Database Certification preferred
You may also be offered incentive compensation, and benefits. Benefits may include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Health Savings Account, Paid Time Off. Actual compensation may vary based on geographic location of the specific role as well as work experience, education, and skills of the selected candidate.