Submittable is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Fintech Team as part of a dynamic, growth-driven organization based in Missoula, Montana, or Bellevue, Washington. This position is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to take on a technical leadership role in a rapidly growing company.
Our Fintech Team is building services that our Submittable products use to interface with a variety of payment service providers, card issuers, and other financial institutions. These services underlie critical functions of the company and need to be secure, scalable, and robust, while also having well-designed, easy-to-use interfaces. As a senior engineer, you will come up to speed on the software that the team owns and work with the engineering manager, product manager, and team members to drive the software forward in terms of both quality and features.
The position is a full-time, individual contributor, code writing role reporting to an Engineering Manager.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Jump into our software and infrastructure, quickly coming up to speed.
- Implement new features on the platform.
- Refactor or “burn down” legacy features and components.
- Identify improvements to our existing platform. The improvements might include enhancements to our developer experience, our infrastructure architecture, and our core software, to support near-term growth and stability.
- Work closely with your peers, including a wonderful team of product managers and designers
- Write and review code
Skills & Experience We Hope You Bring:
- Modern web application design paradigms and at least one stack, top to bottom. Our backend stack is .NET provisioned in Kubernetes on Azure and our front-end stack is React
- Software Engineering and Agile Principles
- Modern cloud-native infrastructure and design principles, specifically in the context of Azure
- How to work well with other experienced software engineers and mentor less experienced software engineers
- How to write well, and a preference for writing things down
What Success Looks Like in This Role
- The translation of product and engineering requirements into well-crafted and implemented features/components
- Contributions to the core platform and improvements to existing and legacy components and infrastructure