The Technician - Mail-in Spore Testing (MIST) that supports our SDC business has responsibility for processing tests accurately and timely using company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and industry standards.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Sort incoming testing packets from general mail.
- Open and organize test packets.
- Properly prepare test processing area.
- Process Biological Indicator (BI) strips accurately and efficiently.
- Place prepared test racks into appropriate incubation temperature.
- Complete required documentation.
- Inspect test racks after incubation requirements are met.
- Empty finished test racks from incubators.
- Accurately document test results in electronic information systems.
- Achieve proficiency interacting with electronic information systems for traceability of processes.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary workspace.
- Perform Gram Staining on tests that are a potential failure.
- Operate automated machinery to open and sort incoming test packets.
- Management of materials inventory.
- Management of recycling rotation.
- Must have the ability to handle repetitious and detailed job functions.
- 6 months experience in a production or laboratory environment preferred, willing to train
- Knowledge of or experience in a Federal Drug Administration (FDA) regulated industry preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) preferred
- High School diploma or equivalency degree required.
- Any education or interest in general science or a related field preferred
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.