The Lead Machine Operator (A&P) that supports our SDC business has responsibility for daily operations of the Self-Contained Biological Indicator (SCBI) assembly equipment (Pods) for the Assembly & Packaging Department. This includes supporting management in supervision of assembly equipment, Assembly equipment personnel, communication with maintenance team, maintaining applicable documentation, supplies, and resources.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Personnel and Processes:
- Coordinate SCBI production with Production Schedulers and management.
- Define SCBI cycle times and machine operator productivity goals.
- Monitor SCBI assembly processes to ensure alignment with Standard Operating Procedure’s (SOP’s) and Work Instructions (WI’s) to maintain the integrity of the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Work with management for periodic reviews of SCBI assembly documentation and forms.
- Supervise, evaluate, and document the training of all new machine operators.
- Work with management to develop, define, and maintain SCBI machine operator work schedules.
- Assist management in defining and tracking goals for SCBI machine operators.
- Assist management by providing input for SCBI machine operator performance reviews.
- Ensure adequate management of all necessary materials for SCBI assembly.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for SCBI assembly equipment.
- Recommend equipment improvements and adjustments to management and maintenance.
- Define and track Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) for assembly equipment and lead improvement efforts.
- Monitor and perform SCBI assembly equipment preventive maintenance, as necessary.
- Model personal Lean Philosophy 5S behaviors in creating a continuously improving, clean, well-organized and self-maintaining work environment. Work closely with team members and others to motivate and improve 5S knowledge and implementation.
- Follow a continuous improvement approach for team accountability for achieving high performance SQDCM (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, & Morale) targets through a visual work environment.
- Comply with company ethics, code of conduct, policies, and best practices, with a commitment to safety in the workplace, valuing of diversity, and promotion of a harassment-free environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, required.
- Three years’ of machine operator experience, required.
- One year experience leading or managing a team, preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.