The IT Systems Engineer participates and helps coordinate in the work activities of the IT systems team which encompasses:
* Provisioning and supporting virtual/physical server/workstation infrastructures in datacenters, edge locations, and in the cloud.
* Assisting with the support of core enterprise applications.
* Managing escalated tickets and high severity outages.
* Assisting in capacity planning and management.
* Executing on infrastructure related projects and initiatives.
* Four-year college degree and/or equivalent related work experience.
* Good technical knowledge and skills related to: cloud administration, virtualization, server system hardware, datacenter management.
* Experience supporting applications such as: O365, Exchange Online, Azure, Windows Server, VMware ESXi.
* Experience using tools related to: backup management, endpoint management, monitoring, automation, provisioning, secret storage/access, patching and configuration management.
* Familiarity with protocols and concepts such as: APIs, FTP, TCP/IP, DNS, NTP, SMTP, VLANs, load balancing, high availability, fault tolerance.
* Familiarity with cloud technologies and concepts.
* Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
* The ability to document and diagram complex architecture
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
* Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work successfully with a variety of personalities and various management levels.
* Ability to safely lift and carry as much as 50 pounds.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Highly self-motivated, self-directed, organized, and detail oriented
* Ability to travel as needed.
* Ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
* Ability to pass a background check typically necessary for working in the financial industry.
Nice to Have:
* Experience with CI/CD systems, GitOps, Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Bamboo
* Experience in scripting and automation (preferably PowerShell)
* Design, provision, manage, and monitor systems and infrastructure.
* Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
* Lead around-the-clock responses to relevant outages and incidents appropriately based on severity.
* Write and maintain custom scripts to increase efficiency and decrease variability in infrastructure related tasks
* Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
* Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
* Work to mature and further develop IT standards and processes
* Research and propose new technology options and methodologies
* Directly support asset lifecycles which includes patching, imaging, upgrading, deploying, and retiring technologies and systems.
* Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
* Assist in the management of IT capacity, budget, projects, and business expectations.
* Train IT Systems personnel regarding the new information as necessary.
* Continuously document existing and new systems, policies, procedures, and configurations.
* Manage and execute on infrastructure related projects and initiatives.
* Perform any other duties as assigned.