The Principal Solutions Architect is a member of the Information Technology, Glacier Solutions Development (“GSD”) team. This position will report to the GSD Development Manager and is responsible for the technical design and implementation of strategic projects to enhance the bank’s online and in-branch deposit account and loan origination services platform. They have focused product knowledge of banking system management/development with strong hands-on technical expertise to lead the solution delivery for the Temenos platform, applying technical knowledge and platform capabilities to support business requirements.
This individual works closely with Product and Channel Managers, support teams, and technology colleagues to elicit, capture, and translate business requirements into technical requirements that can be conveyed with the appropriate level of detail to the development team. This role drives continuous improvement, enhancement, and technical integration across internal and external teams. Ultimately responsible for timely execution and delivery of new feature/function according to the backlog and product roadmap. Responsible for maximizing the value delivered by the technical team and ensuring that the backlog is aligned with business needs. Align technical solutions on organizational strategy and functional architecture. Works closely with functional leaders, line of business leaders, and subject matter experts in developing solutions that support strategic business needs.
This role is highly visible with the ability to have a direct impact on the organization and our internal and external customers. The successful candidate must have experience with banking systems development, deposit and/or loan origination processes, possess a continuous improvement mindset, and have outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- In collaboration with the Product Managers, serves as the solution architect in the analysis, design, planning, and implementation phases of enhancements to the Temenos LMS and NAO platform and is generally responsible for all technical aspects of Temenos, including custom code, configuration, quality assurance, development, release management. and information security.
- As a solution architect, translates business requirements into well-architected solutions and technical requirements that best leverage the Temenos platforms and products and provides the expertise and guidance to peers, leadership, and associates on system architecture as it relates to the business and IT strategies.
- Independently completes complex and business critical technical engineering tasks. Establishes technical expertise and teaches the business domain, data model, and design of the code base for the product to other engineering and support staff.
- Provides detailed level of effort estimates for proposed solutions and articulates the benefits and risks to a solution’s feasibility and functionality. Serves as decision maker among the team when differences of opinion arise in technical design.
- Leads a development team in creating and maintaining a healthy product backlog, creating/reviewing/accepting; backlog items (user stories, defects, technical spikes, etc.); including participating in agile team ceremonies such as sprint reviews, demos. etc.
- Provides advanced troubleshooting for complex and intractable problems. Serves as an escalation point for Business Application Administrators.
- Follow and understand new Temenos product and technical capabilities resulting from product releases and acquisitions.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures, applicable laws, and regulations, including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control. Develops, maintains, and ensures compliance with department policies and procedures. Shares responsibilities in the GSD management planning and budgeting efforts. Participates in department, internal, regulatory, and other audits as required.