Perform various D.A. Davidson Companies and D.A. Davidson & Co. accounting and financial analysis, functions and projects to ensure the accurate and timely recording and reporting of financial information and regulatory compliance.
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or a minimum of 5- 7 years of relative professional experience.
* Extensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and FINRA and SEC rules and regulations pertaining to financial reporting
* Successful completion of the FINRA Operations Professional Exam (Series 99).
* Strong analytical and decision-making skills, attention to detail and organizational skills.
* Strong oral and written communications and human relation skills.
* Excellence in business writing.
* Ability to create policy and procurement documents.
* Ability to govern intercompany agreements as it relates to revenue and expense sharing.
* Ability to function in an automated accounting environment. Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programs.
* Ability to self-motivate and work effectively within in strict time constraints.
* Ability to work independently with little supervision and collaboratively as a member of the Accounting team.
* Follow policies and procedures. Maintain client confidentiality.
* Capable of handling and effectively prioritizing multiple tasks and assignments to meet deadlines.
* Ability to troubleshoot, solve problems, and resolve conflict.
* Communicate in a clear and service oriented manner. Use appropriate, professional language and grammar to effectively exchange ideas and information.
* Ability to proactively work with both external and internal clients. Relate with others in a professional manner in order to accomplish work responsibilities and objectives.
* Ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
* Participate in the financial month end close process for D.A. Davidson & Co. to include:
* Collect, analyze, balance and process data from various reports and sources for posting into the computerized general ledger system. Prepare monthly entries for posting to the general ledger as assigned.
* Review and reconcile assigned accounts and post adjustments as necessary.
* Analyze and evaluate financial data and prepare statements, supporting schedules and reports for review by managements.
* Perform various accounting functions as assigned that lead to the production of department and firm level financial statements and reports.
* Code and journalize expense, revenue and allocation items to their proper general ledger account for accurate financial statement presentation for Wealth Management (WM). Reconcile various receivable and payable accounts for proper allocation, accrual and recognition of expenses and revenues.
* Code and journalize expense, revenue and allocation items to their proper general ledger account for accurate financial statement presentation for Asset Management & Trust (DIA, DTC, and DFIM). Reconcile various receivable and payable accounts for proper allocation, accrual and recognition of expenses and revenues.
* Partner with the Treasurer to post activity relating to the BIDP program.
* Calculate and maintain spreadsheets for monthly incentive comp accruals. This includes BOM, non-branch staff, and subsidiary companies.
* Partner with WM COO to calculate FP (Financial Professional) spending accounts.
* Partner with WM COO on payout calculations for team production.
* Partner with Human Capital on comp plan administration.
* Assist with quarterly fee deferrals and posting of monthly sales commissions into the general ledger.
* Assist with compilation of data for tax returns.
* Provide suggestions for and assist with the design, maintenance and integrity of the general ledger and related systems.
* Identify and provide suggestions for process improvements. Assist with process documentation.
* Assist with audit documentation as requested.
* Assist with budget by providing inputs for the upcoming fiscal year.
* Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts as assigned.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
What we offer:
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits and perks including, but not limited to:
* Medical, Dental and Vision
* Company 401(k)and ESOP contribution
* Generous sick, vacation, and maternity/parental leave
* Paid holidays.
* Professional Development Opportunities
* Tuition Reimbursement ($15,000 lifetime cap)
* Discounted personal insurance including home, auto and recreational vehicles.
* Charitable gift-matching program
* Davidson Day of Giving - Our tradition of positively impacting communities in which we live and work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.