D.A. Davidson’s Finance Team is looking for a Stock Plan Administrator to join our growing team. Reporting to the Controller, the Stock Plan Administrator will need to have a comprehensive understanding of stock plan administration and will support the day-to-day operations of the company’s stock-based compensation plans and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). This person will work in a collaborative environment with both internal and external partners.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance, or a related field
* At least 5-7 years of experience in stock administration, or a related field
* Comprehensive experience of equity plan administration, including restricted stock awards (RSAs), restricted stock units (RSUs), performance stock units (PSUs), employee stock ownership plans (ESOP), and employee stock purchase plans (ESPP)
* Knowledge of equity award tax implications, and tax reporting requirements
* Excellent communication skills and ability to work with various stakeholders, including employees, managers, legal counsel, and external vendors.
* Ability to self-motivate and work effectively to manage multiple projects and within strict time constraints.
* Strong analytical, decision-making, and organizational skills, high integrity, and detail oriented
* Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as collaboratively as a member of the Finance team.
* Proficiency in equity administration software and Microsoft Excel
* Certified Equity Professional (CEP) designation preferred.
* Successful completion of the FINRA SIE and Series 99 Exams (must be passed within 120 days of hire)
* Manage and administer the company's equity plans, including RSAs, RSUs, PSUs, ESOP, and ESPPs
* Maintain accurate records of all equity transactions, prepare monthly reconciliations, and maintain the equity database.
* Perform all day-to-day operations of stock activities, including processing stock issuances, vesting activities, company repurchases, and employee purchases.
* Prepare monthly accounting entries and ensure accuracy in accounting for share-based compensation and related tax matters.
* Optimize processes, workflows, and internal controls related to stock administration.
* Manage ESPP enrollment and purchases, ensuring compliance with the Company's ESPP program policies and procedures.
* Partner with the Human Capital, Payroll, Legal, and Tax departments on all matters involving employee share-based compensation.
* Calculate the company’s earnings per share on a quarterly basis.
* Respond to equity-related inquiries from employees, managers, and external vendors.
* Assist with the annual benefit plan audits (401k and ESOP) and manage relationships with external vendors and service providers.
* Manage the equity plan budget and forecast stock activity.
* Manage the administration of the firm’s non-qualified deferred compensation plans.
* Stay current on regulatory changes and market trends related to stock administration and equity compensation.
* Support ad-hoc as well as period-end reporting for stock activity
* Perform other duties that may be assigned as part of the Financial Reporting team, including but not limited to:
* Assist in the preparation of the company’s tax provision and filing of federal, state, and local tax returns in a timely and accurate manner.
* Assist in the preparation and compilation of the company’s financial statements and accompanying footnotes.
* Assist with the weekly and monthly regulatory reporting requirements.
* Assist with accounting policy development.
What we offer:
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits and perks including, but not limited to:
* Medical, Dental and Vision
* Company 401(k)and ESOP contribution
* Generous sick, vacation, and maternity/parental leave
* Paid holidays
* Professional Development Opportunities
* Tuition Reimbursement ($15,000 lifetime cap)
* Discounted personal insurance including home, auto and recreational vehicles
* Charitable gift-matching program
* Davidson Day of Giving - Our tradition of positively impacting communities in which we live and work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.