About the Role
The Fraud Operations Analyst will be responsible for providing best in class correspondence and disbursements of legal requests for the Bank which includes Subpoenas, Garnishments, and Levies. This role will manage and monitor routine levy/garnishment/subpoena requests. In addition, the Fraud Operations Analyst will also be responsible for providing fraud investigation services for, debit and credit cards, new accounts, account abuse, check forgery and fraud, elder abuse, suspected money laundering, check kiting, identity theft, and the like.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prepare correspondence and disbursements for legal requests for the Bank such as Subpoenas, Garnishments, and Levies.
Utilize sound judgment and knowledge of financial investigative tools/techniques to establish an investigative plan according to the suspected fraudulent activity; initiate investigations by gathering facts and evidence; prepare independent investigative reports that document findings; handle all aspects of the investigation which includes collaboration with bank division staff, customers, and law enforcement.
- Take precautionary measures on accounts and/or transactions to mitigate risk to bank and bank clients, and provide direction to all lines of businesses supported by the Fraud Department. Which includes making decisions that impact accounts and/ or transactions to mitigate risk to the bank and bank clients (e.g. pay/no pay; block/hold an account and transaction).
- Maintain favorable customer relations with law enforcement and judicial agency personnel through regular contact; exercises discretionary judgment and initiative regarding check or debit card fraud claims within the parameters of the organization's policies, procedures, and security.
- Utilize fraud detection program, Yellow Hammer Fraud Detective, Yellow Hammer ACH Origination and Yellow Hammer Wire Origination, and internal systems to review suspect items on a daily basis.
- Communicate and interact, over the phone or in person, with external clients, bank division employees, various lines of business, and other financial institutions to verify the authenticity of items or availability of funds. Educate clients about fraud issues including online banking safety and take appropriate action to protect clients’ accounts.
- Prepare financial spreadsheets or enter data into a database or system in order to capture and monitor loss and fraud case information for further analysis. Provide input on obvious fraud trends or process improvements
- Escalate sensitive, complex, and large financial, compliance, or reputational issues to management where appropriate. May refer cases for special attention to BSA/AML or other areas where warranted. Filing the necessary paperwork when required for fraud inquiries which include but are not limited to suspicious activity referral forms and fraud and operational loss forms.
- Complete all projects as assigned.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control. Must complete the assigned online training courses and achieve a passing score by the due date.
- A minimum of 3 years of banking experience, focused on levy/garnishment/subpoena processing and/or fraud investigations is required.
- Experience with wire fraud, check processing, ACH, card services, new accounts authentication preferred.
- Experience working with fraud technology and platforms used in authentication and money movement risk solutions preferred.
- A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school equivalent to approximately 64 credit hours or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
- Understanding of banking and fraud threats, along with fraud analytics including the ability to spot financial irregularities or abuse.
- Working knowledge of financial regulations such as but not limited to Reg CC, Reg E, Reg B, Reg Z, UCC4, AML/BSA CIP, KYC, EDD, and ID Theft Red Flags.
- Thorough knowledge of operation functions, systems, policies, and procedures for fraud investigations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to complete the essential duties of the position under limited supervision.
- Possess analytical and technical skills in fast-paced, changing professional environments.
- Well-developed customer relations skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- A significant level of trust, credibility, and diplomacy is required. In-depth dialogues, conversations, and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports, and outside vendors can be of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature. Communications may involve motivating, influencing, educating, and/or advising others on matters of significance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in a climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
Must be capable of occasional travel (less than 10 days per year) by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles, and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms.
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on a computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off-site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable, and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.
What We Offer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit-sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are innovative, and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized career path for you.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $15 billion, operating in numerous community bank divisions across 8 states (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona, and Nevada). We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp has received numerous awards for stability and soundness and has repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial strength.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.