Please note this position requires you to work in-person at one of our office locations, perferrably: Spokane, Richland, Yakima, Butte, Billings, Missoula, Helena, Boise, Beaverton.
Marsh McLennan Agency is looking for an intellectual and motivated Risk Management student to participate in our 2024 Summer Internship Program. Our ideal candidate will be a collaborative team player and possess a desire to seek a future career within risk management.
As a Risk Management intern, you will spend time directly with teams, gaining exposure through various functional departments to learn about client service, risk management, operations, sales, business analytics, and more. Interns will work on a variety of projects aimed to offer hands on experience to develop solutions for real world business problems.
At Marsh McLennan Agency, we will give you access to mentorship, training, resources, and development to ensure your success, but you will need to supply the ambition. Our colleagues do not stop short of excellence and are driven to do what’s best for their clients and colleagues.
What You'll Be Doing
- Real Experience - No coffee fetching for you. You’ll gain real world resume building experience. By the end of your internship you’ll have a better understanding of career options and relevant work experience to get you started.
- Partner with Teams on creative and diverse projects to further develop and fulfill MMA’s brand.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to support the overall mission and vision of the MMA department you’re working in.
- Provide meaningful and specific support to directors, sales executives, and client relations staff to further enhance new business and retention opportunities.
- Play an active role on the team: maintain positive relationships with colleagues. You’ll grow your network by working closely with your manager, mentor, and other interns.
- Learning Opportunities: You’ll participate in several national and regional classes that introduce you to our industry and our organization. They’re designed to set you up for success as an emerging professional, and to help you better understand PayneWest, MMA and our industry.
- Cultivate Industry Relationships through opportunities to meet with a wide variety of our industry partners allowing you to grow your professional network.
- Plus (the fine print): you’ll follow organization policies and procedures, sales and service standards and established workflows. You’ll ensure quality control through proper file documentation and maintenance. You’ll maintain confidentiality and be an all-around awesome member of our team.
- You love to learn. You’re earnest about improving and pursuing professional development.
- You DO sweat the small stuff. You’re thorough, detail-oriented, and extremely organized.
- You’re good with people, even on the tough days. Being a helpful colleague is just part of who you are, and you love making people happy.
- Team oriented. You maintain positive relationships with your colleagues—and you enjoy it.
- You’re that person everyone can depend on—to make deadlines and to be accurate and complete.
- You embrace our core values—accountability, balance, excellence, humanity, integrity, respect.
We know there are excellent candidates who might not check all of these boxes. Don't be shy. If you're close, we'd be very interested in meeting you.
At Marsh, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future, and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our colleagues with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact.
We think we’ve developed a pretty great work culture. We got to where we are today through collaboration, innovation, and an unwavering commitment to doing what’s right. We strive for continuous improvement and excellence in our industry and our communities. We respect quality of life and nurture a balanced personal and professional environment. We treat our clients, colleagues and communities with fairness, decency, and good citizenship.