Marsh McLennan Agency is seeking an energetic, problem-solving, and forward-thinking Senior Accountant with a strong desire to learn and grow professionally. This individual is comfortable in a fast paced, changing environment, and can adapt as circumstances change or new information surfaces. As the Senior Accountant, you will provide a range of knowledge, while performing a variety of accounting tasks and projects, be able to think strategically, follow public accounting standards, and utilize hands-on accounting experience. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic individual with a natural knack for being self-motivated and leading with a strong work ethic. You take initiative, successfully prioritize and complete tasks, and effectively meet deadlines.
At Marsh McLennan Agency, we will provide you access to mentorship, training, resources, and development to ensure your success, but you will need to supply the ambition. Our colleagues don’t stop short of excellence and are driven to do what’s best for their clients and colleagues.What You'll Be Doing
- Maintain accounting controls over assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses. Gather necessary supporting documentation to prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, and variance analysis.
- Contribute to the accurate and timely completion of month and year end activities and deliverables.
- Support various financial audits, including preparing audit schedules, and responding to audit inquiries.
- Recommend, design, and execute accounting practices that meet internal and external audit standards.
- Implement, uphold, and adhere to accounting procedures ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Partner and collaborate with and provide accounting support services to all areas of the department.
- Coordinate accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting team or with other departments. Assist with questions or issues that arise in the day-to-day and complete assorted ad-hoc tasks to be defined.
- Plus (the fine print): you’ll follow organization policies and procedures, sales and service standards and established workflows. You’ll ensure quality control through proper file documentation and maintenance. You’ll maintain confidentiality and be an all-around awesome member of our team.
- You’re an accounting genius. You understand business, people, and technology. You hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting and possess at least 3 years of experience performing a variety of general accounting, reporting, and financial analysis tasks, and projects. A CPA candidate is preferred.
- You DO sweat the small stuff. You’re analytical, detail-oriented, and extremely organized.
- You’re tech savvy. You realize the crucial role that technology and data play in the financial world and you embrace it.
- You’re team oriented. You maintain positive relationships with your colleagues—and you enjoy it.
- You’re a natural leader. You walk the walk. You lead by example.
- You’re that person everyone can depend on—to make deadlines and to be accurate and complete.
- You love to learn. You’re passionate about improving and pursuing professional development.
- You embrace our core values: accountability, balance, excellence, integrity, respect, and humanity.
We know there are excellent candidates who might not check all of these boxes. Don't be shy. If you're close, we'd be very interested in meeting you.
We take pride in providing our colleagues with a competitive compensation package; we will honor all local and state salary thresholds. The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, and education. Additionally, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives, annual profit sharing and a benefits package that includes paid paternity/maternity leave, medical leave, 401K savings and other wellbeing programs. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Who you are is who we are.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams.