Headquartered in Montana with offices in both Missoula and Bozeman, onX is rooted in a passion for the peaks and rivers surrounding us. We bring our devotion to the outdoors to work daily with a singular, powerful goal; to inspire others to find their own adventures off the pavement. Through the melding of technology and passion for the outdoors we enable people to craft rewarding, dynamic outdoor experiences.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
onX is seeking a talented Senior Quality Assurance Engineer with a passion for informing and driving quality. As an onX Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for owning quality initiatives, functional testing, and automation of the onXmaps’ products across iOS, Android, and Web platforms. Your focus will be on demonstrating a deep understanding of the QA Engineer’s role throughout the product development lifecycle. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a dynamic startup focused on making an impact on the business and accelerate the team’s ability to deliver high-class products to our customers. This position will report to the Quality Engineering Manager.
- Empathy and commitment to the customer. Mentor others in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Leading through influence. Influence and communicate effectively with development teams, managers, and non-technical audiences, including senior product and business management.
- Be the Customer. Share our customer’s passion for the outdoors to understand customer’s use cases and apply them to our testing strategy and product quality.
- Test it. Design, create and execute manual and automated test cases to address business and technical use cases.
- Lead by example. Lead the test execution of onXs’ mobile and web applications.
- Be driven. Drive to identify and take on large scale projects and complex problems from research to implementation.
- Overcome obstacles. Rise to the challenge and work through problems during a project independently and collaboratively influence stakeholders outside of their team.
- Lead internal communication. Demonstrate the ability to communicate for quality from a company perspective and effectively communicate business impacts to anyone at any level of the company.
- Find new ways. Continually reassess the value of testing practices and procedures in order to ensure continuous improvement of meeting quality standards and expectations
- Do less more often. Identify and evangelize the most scalable, effective, and efficient ways to deliver a high-quality product
- Be part of the solution. Continuously find new approaches and use cases to test our product and uncover defects.
- Inform the release decision. Weigh the business needs against quality, listen to the opinions of others, work to gain consensus, and provide risk analysis to ensure the team has the information necessary to determine production readiness.
- Success through teamwork. Work closely with the development team and peers in QA to test features as soon as they are ready and ensure thoroughness of test coverage.
- Data informs decisions. Data drives your decisions and is used to measure the outcome and impact of your work.
- Eight (8) or more years of Quality Assurance, test engineering, or development experience, working in an agile environment
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to communicate issues with stakeholders and internal development team members
- Experience with the following frameworks: JIRA, Git, and Docker required.
- Experience with Web and Mobile Automation Frameworks is required.
- Experience with distributed service architecture and distributed services, such as AWS or Google Cloud, is required.
- Demonstrated leadership in driving Engineering teams to follow quality practices and procedures
- Proven ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Possess strong interpersonal skills necessary to communicate issues with stakeholders and internal development team members
- Self-starter with the ability to find solutions for unstructured problems
- Experience with leading quality assurance practices that move testing earlier in the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Ability to test and automate at types of levels including Unit, Integration (API), Functional.
- Understanding of changes and impacts to supporting high-quality products through Continuous Development and Continuous Deployment.
- Degree in Computer Science preferred
- Experience with the following frameworks are strongly preferred: Cypress.io, XCUITest, Espresso, API Testing Frameworks
- Strong understanding of testing of cloud-based infrastructures with a preference for Google Cloud Platform.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting – 90%
- Standing – 0%
- Walking – 10%
- Bending – Occasionally
- Kneeling – Some
- Lifting – Up to 25 pounds
- Reaching – Regularly
- Telephone Use – Yes
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity - Yes
- Travel - Up to 25% (Post-COVID)
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salary and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive medical, insurance, and wellness benefits
- Four weeks paid family leave
- 401k matching at 100% the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures twice per year
- Amazing outdoor industry discounts
- Summer hours for salaried employees
onX COMPANY VALUES
We put the customer first.
We are passionate.
We win as a team.
We take ownership.
We work with urgency.
We are curious and seek the truth.
We innovate & take risks.
onX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to finding ways to attract, develop, and retain qualified individuals who represent the diverse communities in which we live. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.