About this position:
Intern will be assigned various utility safety and industrial hygiene work. Will work in both the office and field environment.
About this job:
- Provide assistance to Company safety professionals and conduct ergonomic evaluations, work site inspections, safety meeting presentations, industrial hygiene sampling (e.g. noise, indoor air quality) field inspections, visits, etc.
- Support Program Administration - OSHA recordkeeping, medical surveillance, drug and alcohol, etc.
- Support and update safety standards and programs
- May be requested to conduct research on various safety/health related issues
- Participate in organizational work meetings
- May have limited travel up to 15% of time
- Lifting of materials up to 35 pounds
- All NorthWestern Energy employees are required to adhere to company safety standards and the Code of Business Conduct & Ethics
- Ensure all actions are consistent with NorthWestern Energy's values, mission, and strategic business objectives
Am I right for this job? Here's the success profile:
- Demonstrate and maintain a good safety record
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, particularly Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Safety/OSHA major required
- Student must have completed Sophomore level or higher by start date
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must Provide GPA in Resume upon application
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class in accordance with applicable federal or state laws and statutes. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 1-800-245-6977 or at email@example.com.