Headquartered in Montana with offices in both Missoula and Bozeman, onX is rooted in a passion for the peaks and rivers surrounding us. We bring our devotion to the outdoors to work daily with a singular, powerful goal; to inspire others to find their own adventures off the pavement. Through the melding of technology and passion for the outdoors we enable people to craft rewarding, dynamic outdoor experiences.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As Senior Product Marketing Manager at onX, you'll have the exciting opportunity to build and amplify onX’s reputation in the outdoor industry as a first-class company, product, and business partner. Leverage ambassador, influencer, social, and other industry channels to create opportunities for growth by building meaningful relationships and boosting brand awareness with members of the outdoor community.
You will be responsible for the overall strategy and management of industry communication, relationships, and influencer content generation. You will work closely with team members to align with marketing strategies and campaigns. For this position, we expect you to be a tech-savvy professional with an in-depth understanding of the outdoor industry and how technology can help us achieve our business goals.
WHO YOU ARE
- Problem solver. There is a solution to every problem and you thrive in finding the best approach to conquer any obstacle in your path.
- Leader. Actions speak louder than words and you aim to lead by example. Others grow when they are around you and in turn, you grow with them.
- Innovator. “What if” - is a common statement in your life. You enjoy finding new opportunities in places others might not look.
- Networker. You thrive on building new relationships and growing your network. Talk comes easy for you and you gain energy in group settings.
- Executer. You’ve hit growth goals before, have industry experience under your belt, and are ready to take your next pursuit to the next level.
- Passionate. You love everything about the outdoors. When not hard at work you are adventuring or dreaming of your next experience.
Launch a Product. You are scrappy and love to make something grow. Right out the gate, you will be leading the charge as onX dives into another space. You will define multifaceted campaigns and rally teams around these efforts.
- Hit Growth Targets. We’ve got some challenging goals, and you’re pumped to try to exceed them with quick and precise execution. You might even find opportunities for growth and efficiency that we haven’t thought of yet.
- Grow an Ambassador/Influencer Network. Building an authentic network is the name of the game. You live and breathe outdoor recreation and will build a dream team that will help drive onX initiatives forward.
- Build Brand Partnerships. Relationships are key in the outdoor industry and you are methodical when finding the right fit in a partner. You are thoughtful and passionate with all but are diligent in finding the right opportunities in the space for onX.
- Analyze and Report. You’ll help build dashboards, provide in-depth analysis of efforts, and know how to act on insights.
- Seven (7) or more years of Product Marketing, Brand/Influencer Management, and/or Growth Marketing experience required
- Two (2) or more years of full-time experience in the outdoor recreation industry required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Admin, Marketing, or related is required; or in place of a degree, an additional three (3) or more years of relevant experience.
- Excellent, demonstrable written and verbal communication skills
- You are a natural leader, with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Multi-platform analytics proficiency
- A proven track record for developing strategy and executing
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Experience showing ROI with pro staff programs, partnerships, & social content
- Knowledge of online marketing and a good understanding of major marketing channels
- Proficiency in google docs, sheets, and slides as well as Google, Gmail, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Experience in growth through hypotheses testing and data-backed decisions
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting – 80%
- Standing – 10%
- Walking – 10%
- Bending – Occasionally
- Kneeling – Some
- Lifting – Up to 25 pounds
- Reaching – Regularly
- Telephone Use – Yes
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity - Yes
- Travel - Up to 25% (Post-COVID)
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salary and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive medical, insurance, and wellness benefits
- Four weeks paid family leave
- 401k matching at 100% the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures twice per year
- Amazing outdoor industry discounts
- Summer hours for salaried employees
onX COMPANY VALUES
We put the customer first.
We are passionate.
We win as a team.
We take ownership.
We work with urgency.
We are curious and seek the truth.
We innovate & take risks.
onX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to finding ways to attract, develop, and retain qualified individuals who represent the diverse communities in which we live. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.