About this position:
Intern will be an instrumental part of the Customer Care team at NorthWestern Energy where the successful candidate with work directly with an Editor and Creative Director to produce content for Bright Magazine. The candidate will have the opportunity to have on-assignment coverage, develop stories for internal and external communications while collaborating with teams to increase brand awareness.
About this job:
- All NorthWestern Energy employees are required to adhere to company safety standards and the Code of Business Conduct & Ethics
- Ensure all actions are consistent with NorthWestern Energy's values, mission, and strategic business objectives
- Create brand enhancement to support ongoing company initiatives
- Gain strong understanding from subject matter experts and relate knowledge to Employees, general public and customers
- Prepare internal and external communications (email, social media, website, fact sheets, brochures, signage, marketing collateral, press releases, and Bright magazine).
- Support summer events with event planning, content development, staffing fulfillment, live reporting for social media channels, etc.
- Collaborate with Communications Director and creative team in brainstorming and developing communication strategies.
- Exhibit an enthusiasm for the utility industry, introducing and educating customers on the industry
- Travel for on-assignments across Montana, South Dakota and Nebraska to facilitate writing and photography for content.
Am I right for this job? Here's the success profile:
- Demonstrate and maintain a good safety record
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills
- Communications, Creative Writing, Photography, Videography, or Journalism related degree path required
- Student must have completed Sophomore level or higher by start date
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must Provide GPA in Resume upon application
- Must possess strong customer service and computer technology skills
- Investigative and interviewing skills
- Aptitude for multimedia platforms
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Strong aptitude to understand current Utility directives, clean energy standards, and technology automation
- Self-starter who pursues self-education and is customer focused
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class in accordance with applicable federal or state laws and statutes. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 1-800-245-6977 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.