Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support escalated by the level 1 technicians for advanced or on-site support for IPCentrex Phones and IT support for external and internal customers
- Work closely with the IT Services Admin to support customers on IT Managed services. Hosted Server, Hosted Exchange, and Connectwise.
- Assist the Systems Administrators and Engineers with configuration, maintenance, and monitoring of access servers, routers, wireless controllers, and Microsoft servers.
- Provide LAN support, designs, installs, maintains, and troubleshoots for the entire Blackfoot campus/remote locations, and IT infrastructure. Support IT needs at all levels of the organization. Maintain confidential information typically learned by having administrator privileges to configure and support the entire campus network and the applications that overlay the network.
Provide IPCENTREX support, designs, installs, and troubleshoots our VOIP service. Train the CLEC techs and provide advanced networking support for the IPCENTREX product. Work closely with the CO to troubleshoot and test advanced phone issues.
- Train the sales department on product knowledge for data and IP voice products. Provide sales engineering support to the sales team when required.
- Work with Marketing to design the collateral and documentation to sell and support products.
- Provide business LAN support encompassing a broad range of network design, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting skills. Common work for Business LAN support includes evaluating, recommending, and installing wired or wireless networks. Also includes interconnecting devices over the network which may include servers, workstations, printers, phones, switches, and routers. Perform OS and Application level installation and troubleshooting.
- May conduct demonstrations or training with the sales team of products and services for clients and potential clients.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job functions or as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of:
- company policies, procedures, products, and services.
- web technologies, technical languages, browsers, search procedures, search engines, platforms, and applications.
- computer hardware and general office practices and procedures.
- Windows OS and other Microsoft programs.
- networking devices.
- time management and organizational skills.
- Skill to:
- provide superior customer service.
- utilize common tools and equipment related to the mounting and alignment of microwave radio antennas, transceivers, transmission lines, and related electronics.
- operate various office equipment such as a computer, copy machine, fax machine, and multi-line telephone.
- Ability to:
- work independently.
- think analytically and be a problem solver.
- communicate effectively, both in writing and in speaking, with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- work completely and accurately under time constraints and deadlines.
- obtain and maintain a valid Montana driver’s license, have a good driving record, and be insured under the Company insurance policy.
- read, analyze, and interpret technical documents and reports.
- work in a safe and effective manner.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to the following education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities would qualify. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills, and abilities would be an Associates' degree in a related field and/or two (2) to three (3) years of related work experience.
Physical and Other Requirements:
This position may require 8 to 10 hour days, flexible hours, and some weekends.
This factor measures the surroundings or physical conditions under which a job must be done and the extent to which those conditions make the job disagreeable. Consider the presence and relative amount of exposure to dust, dirt, heat, fumes, contaminants, cold, noise, vibration, wetness, etc.
Good working conditions with the absence of disagreeable conditions.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Blackfoot reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Associates or better in Computer Science or related field.
2-3 years: Phone Support
2-3 years: LAN/WAN
2-3 years: IT Install/Repair
2-3 years: IT Troubleshooting