About Montana Instruments:
Montana Instruments Corporation designs and manufactures high precision, electrical, optical, and cryogenic systems for quantum materials research and the quantum computing, sensing, and networking industries.
People -- Who We Are
At the end of the day, it's all about people -- our employees, their families, our community, & our customers.
Path -- How We Operate
Our 5 core values are: Hungry | Humble | Results-Driven | Courageous | Team-First
Passion -- Our Why
To accelerate discovery that benefits mankind.
Montana Instruments, a growing high-tech Company in Bozeman Montana, is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Product Development team. This position will be responsible for leading the design, test, and support of electrical components from ideation to product release, mentoring other electrical engineers, and driving the direction of the electronic architecture of new products. Individuals who enjoy working across the broad spectrum of electronics engineering and are motivated by challenging design problems will thrive in this role.
- Analog and digital circuit design for scientific instruments and devices
- Prototype and test circuit designs in an electronics lab environment
- Perform hardware performance evaluation tests and data analysis
- Schematic capture and PCB layout for sensitive analog and high-speed digital devices
- Write instrumentation firmware in VHDL and C
- Develop production test systems and methods for electronics devices
- Develop and maintain engineering documentation and test procedures
- Design functional tests for PCBA suppliers
- Implement PCBA design standards and rules at MI
- Ability to mentor electrical engineers and share expertise
- May supervise the work of others
- B.S. Electrical Engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and drive results
- Leadership or project management experience
- Altium Designer
- A circuit simulation using LTSpice or similar
- Low noise analog electronics
- Mixed-signal, A/D and D/A interfaces
- Xilinx ISE and Vivado
- Low-level signal measurement
- Experience with PCBA testing methodologies such as a bed of nails and flying probe
- Experience designing function and in-circuit tests for PCBA’s.
- Ability to work independently
- Previous experience developing and introducing new products to market
- Experience in product life cycle management process
- Knowledge of PCBA documentation standards for contract manufacturers
Montana Instruments offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, visions, a 401(k), and PTO.