About Montana Instruments:
Montana Instruments Corporation designs and manufactures high precision, electrical, optical, and cryogenic systems for quantum materials research and the quantum computing, sensing, and networking industries.
People -- Who We Are
At the end of the day, it's all about people -- our employees, their families, our community, & our customers.
Path -- How We Operate
Our 5 core values are: Hungry | Humble | Results-Driven | Courageous | Team-First
Passion -- Our Why
To accelerate discovery that benefits mankind.
Montana Instruments, a growing high-tech Company in Bozeman Montana, is seeking a full-time Product Manager. The Product Manager is responsible for managing the product life cycle from ideation and product launch to obsolescence. They work to execute the strategy and vision of the CEO by developing and communicating product line strategies, assess product line decisions including product enhancements, capabilities, and customer experience. The Product Manager is responsible for overall product line revenue, growth, and profitability.
- Develop product concepts, requirements, and business cases for new products.
- Advocate for product quality, product changes, and resources.
- Contribute to the development and prioritization of the product and technology roadmap.
- Synthesize customer feedback to identify pain points and deeply understand their problems.
- Collaborate with engineering to develop project milestones and budgets; attends project meetings. Ensures new product development projects meet customer requirements including specifications, features, schedule, and ROI.
- Sell beta units and collects customer feedback to support new product validation and verification.
- Work with marketing in the development and maintenance of product manuals, marketing materials, web content, datasheets, and tradeshow support.
- Leads the product launch to customers, sales, and service, including the development of training materials and training.
- Build relationships with key influencers and customers.
- Develops an understanding of market segmentation, application and customer needs, competition, market trends, and dynamics to support strategies and target new opportunities and threats.
- Champions product line thru presentations at trade shows, conferences, and customer sites.
- Works with sales and operations on pricing strategy, orders, and revenue forecasting.
- May participate in pricing and go no go decisions for non-standard product inquiries.
- Financial management of the product marketing function.
- International and domestic travel 25%.
- May supervise the work of others.
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to act as an ambassador for Montana Instruments product vision to both the internal team and external customers.
- Able to collect and analyze customer feedback, competitive analysis, and industry trends.
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively lead teams and people.
- Self-motivated and driven with the ability to work independently.
- Able to multitask in demanding situations.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Desired Experience and Skills:
3-8 years in product management or related customer management field. Cryogenics experience desirable.
BS in Physics, Engineering, or other technical discipline or equivalent level of technical experience and education in Cryogenics.
Experience in product life cycle management.
Montana Instruments offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k), and PTO.