About Montana Instruments:
Montana Instruments Corporation designs and manufactures high precision, electrical, optical, and cryogenic systems for quantum materials research and the quantum computing, sensing, and networking industries.
People -- Who We Are
At the end of the day, it's all about people -- our employees, their families, our community, & our customers.
Path -- How We Operate
Our 5 core values are: Hungry | Humble | Results-Driven | Courageous | Team-First
Passion -- Our Why
To accelerate discovery that benefits mankind.
The Manufacturing Engineer works with cross-functional teams to successfully introduce new and custom engineered products into the production environment. They are responsible for the support of the production line and investigation and resolution of production issues. They evaluate, develop, document, and maintain manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication and assembly processes, tooling, and fixturing design and applications. They provide critical support in the drive for improved quality and cost reductions.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing documentation for the assembly and test of cryogenic products.
- Evaluates, develops, and improves manufacturing processes and workflows, works to optimize production lines and facility layout.
- As an active member of the new product development team works to ensure design for assembly, manufacture, and test. Ensures that new product releases to manufacturing are successful and ensure the continuous and efficient manufacture of quality products.
- Design assembly jigs, tools, and test apparatus for use in the production environment.
- Work collaboratively with various suppliers and service providers to ensure components and assemblies achieve critical quality, cost, and performance specifications.
- May work with engineering on the design and development of production test fixtures.
- Manage production equipment to ensure maintenance, uptime, and quality standards requirements are met; work with equipment suppliers to evaluate and arrange for purchase of new equipment required to support production processes.
- Gathers operational and test data and evaluates results; may take corrective/continuous improvement actions.
- Determines root cause and corrective action analysis for issues that arise during the assembly and/or test of systems; provides a failure analysis report as required.
- Ensures regulatory requirements are met.
- Be a fierce advocate for quality, cost-effective, and lean manufacturing objectives.
- Review engineering change requests and execute engineering change orders.
- Act as a mentor to junior members of the Operations Team.
- May supervisor other employees.
- BS in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other technical discipline or equivalent level of technical experience and education.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Manufacturing Engineer.
- Experience with cross-function teams in new product introduction and product life cycle management processes.
Desired Additional Experience and Skills:
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and tolerance analysis. PCBA design and documentation standards.
- Able to communicate well both verbally and written across the organization.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing procedure and process flow; experience and knowledge of 5S and lean manufacturing is a plus.
- Experience in root cause analysis tools such as 8D, fishbone diagrams, pareto charts, and 5 whys
- Able to prioritize several concurrent projects and multitask.
- Altium and SolidWorks experience.
- Technical writing skills and experience in the development of manufacturing assembly and test documentation.
- Self-motivated and driven with the ability to work independently.
- Able to influence and promote quality and manufacturability objectives throughout the company.
- Previous Cryogenic experience or knowledge of quantum materials research and technology.
Montana Instruments offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k), and PTO.