Headquartered in Montana with offices in both Missoula and Bozeman, onX is rooted in a passion for the peaks and rivers surrounding us. We bring our devotion to the outdoors to work daily with a singular, powerful goal; to inspire others to find their own adventures off the pavement. Through the melding of technology and passion for the outdoors we enable people to craft rewarding, dynamic outdoor experiences.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Reporting to the Leader of Performance Marketing, the Growth Specialist will be responsible for managing ASO for the onX Apps and assisting aspects of the onX paid acquisition program via Apple Search Ads (ASA).
Who You Are:
- Expert in ASO and ASA. Use data and tools (such as AppTweak or AppAnnie) to form insights on how onX can position their apps in the app stores, and be top of mind anytime a consumer is looking for outdoor mapping apps.
- Creative. The beauty—and the challenge—of ASO & ASA is the combination of creative strategy, the changing world of ASO, and user behavior. You come to the table with well thought out experiments and can groove with a design team.
- Detail Lover. You know one false keystroke can topple an entire attribution empire. This is not a “fast and loose” role, and you like it that way.
- Number Cruncher. By now, you know ASA & ASO is a number and experimentation game. Mental math might not come naturally, but it helps if it does. (Formulas do, too.)
- Spreadsheet Master. Do spreadsheets make you dizzy? Probably not. Spreadsheets make you eager to extract the insights that will make your campaigns sing.
- Executer. You’ve hit growth goals in ASO or ASA before, have app industry experience under your belt, and are ready to take on more ASA campaigns and take the onX ASO to the next level.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage ASO & ASA for Multiple Apps. You’ll identify and execute daily across multiple campaign types including—but not limited to—settings, targeting research, creative, A/B testing, tracking, and analysis.
- Optimize Constantly. You’ll work to maximize CTR, install rate, and conversion rate through best practice adoption and continuous testing effort, all while increasing/maintaining keyword rankings.
- Hit Growth Targets. We’ve got some challenging goals, and you’re pumped to try to exceed them with quick and precise execution. You might even find opportunities for growth and efficiency that we haven’t thought of yet.
- Analyze and Report. You’ll help maintain dashboards, provide in-depth analysis of the accounts and campaigns, and know how to act.
- Prioritize. There’s so much you can do, but you’ll focus on what you should do, right away. To-do lists fear you and managers love you because you get it done so well.
- Minimum of two (2) or more years of experience managing App Store Optimization / Apple Search Ads
- Proven experience scaling rankings, volume, or increasing efficiency
- Understanding of ASO & ASA strategies, and best practices
- Excel data analysis experience
- Superior writing, attention to detail and communication skills
- Experience with App Store and Google Play creative
- Self-starter with the ability to find solutions for unstructured problems
- Statistical and critical thinking skills
- Collaborative, well organized and efficient
- Understanding of the outdoor industry is preferred
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting - [90%]
- Standing - [0%]
- Walking - [10%]
- Bending - [Occasionally]
- Kneeling - [Some]
- Lifting - [Up to 25 pounds]
- Reaching - [Regularly]
- Telephone Use - [Yes]
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity - Yes
- Ability to travel - [up to 15%]
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salary and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive medical, insurance and wellness benefits
- Four weeks paid parental leave
- 401k matching at 100% the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures twice per year
- Amazing outdoor industry discounts
- Summer hours for salaried employees
onX COMPANY VALUES
Our principles guide the decisions making of our company. They define the culture at onX, what we have learned through experience, and are the code by which we operate. They are fundamental, enduring, and actionable–a benchmark by which we measure team behavior and performance.
We put the customer first.
We are passionate.
We win as a team.
We take ownership.
We work with urgency.
We are curious and seek the truth.
We innovate & take risks.
Application open until filled
onX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to finding ways to attract, develop, and retain qualified individuals who represent the diverse communities in which we live. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.