Headquartered in Montana with offices in both Missoula and Bozeman, onX is rooted in a passion for the peaks and rivers surrounding us. We bring our devotion to the outdoors to work daily with a singular, powerful goal; to inspire others to find their own adventures off the pavement. Through the melding of technology and passion for the outdoors we enable people to craft rewarding, dynamic outdoor experiences.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
onX is seeking a Retention Marketing Manager with a passion for enhancing the customer journey. As part of our product marketing team, you will focus on retention and engagement for onX Hunt, while driving strategy and execution around email, push notification, in-app messaging, and more. Connecting with outdoor enthusiasts who use onX every day, you'll be able to immediately see the impact of your work and help us advance our mission of inspiring others to find their own adventures off the pavement. This role will report to the Lead Product Marketing Manager.
- Create and ideate. You will create thoughtful, personalized triggered communications through email, push & in-app channels that will drive customer engagement, maintain the fun, accessible nature of the onX brand, and support the company’s strategic goals.
- Hypothesize and test. Formulate hypothesis-driven tests and conduct them from design all the way through to post-hoc analysis.
- Analyze and optimize. Analyze the performance of retention strategies and campaigns and drive continuous optimization of performance, considering factors such as seasonality, customer segments, and historical successes.
- Collaborate. Work with other teams across the company to deliver campaigns that drive the retention of users and share learnings with the team to improve our ability to create engaging and relevant campaigns.
- Put the customer first. You are the customer’s biggest advocate and you use quantitative and qualitative data to improve the customer journey.
- Continuously learn. Follow a process of continuous improvement, learning at each step in the process, and champion new ideas and programs to enhance customer loyalty with onX products and brand.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or University; or in place of a degree, an additional three (3) or more years of relevant experience.
- Minimum Experience: Five (5) or more years of marketing communications experience with at least two (2) years managing mobile app retention and engagement strategy and sending triggered communications to a segment of users.
- Familiarity and experience with product analytics (Amplitude, Mixpanel, etc)
- Familiarity with SQL or similar query language
- Demonstrated experience using data to uncover marketing opportunities
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS3
- Self-starter with the ability to find solutions for unstructured problems
- Collaborative, well organized and efficient
- Understanding of the hunting or outdoor industry is preferred
- Experience applying statistics in a business environment
- A natural curiosity about how people use our products and the ability to form new ideas that help gain and retain users.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting - [90%]
- Standing - [5%]
- Walking - [5%]
- Bending - [Occasionally]
- Kneeling - [Some]
- Lifting - [Up to 25 pounds]
- Reaching - [Regularly]
- Telephone Use - [Yes]
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity - [Yes]
- Ability to travel - [10% or less]
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salary and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive medical, insurance, and wellness benefits
- Four weeks paid family leave
- 401k matching at 100% the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures twice per year
- Amazing outdoor industry discounts
- Summer hours for salaried employees
onX COMPANY VALUES
We put the customer first.
We are passionate.
We win as a team.
We take ownership.
We work with urgency.
We are curious and seek the truth.
We innovate & take risks.
onX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to finding ways to attract, develop, and retain qualified individuals who represent the diverse communities in which we live. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.