Headquartered in Montana with offices in both Missoula and Bozeman, onX is rooted in a passion for the peaks and rivers surrounding us. We bring our devotion to the outdoors to work daily with a singular, powerful goal; to inspire others to find their own adventures off the pavement. Through the melding of technology and passion for the outdoors we enable people to craft rewarding, dynamic outdoor experiences.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
onX is seeking a talented and highly motivated Senior Geospatial Analyst with a passion for the outdoors, public lands, spatial data analysis, and supporting the goals of teammates. As an onX Senior Geospatial Analyst on the Continuous Improvement team, you will primarily be responsible for technical and analytical coordination with, and support of, regional content improvement teams, you will own the quality indicator model and facilitate Agile methodologies, you will be the primary technical liaison with onX engineering teams, and you will consult on UX aspects of core content. Your focus will be on the quality of core content utilized within multiple onX apps and its impact on the user experience.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a dynamic, growing company while focusing on making an impact on the business, and ensuring outstanding core content. This position will report to the Geospatial Manager of Continuous Improvement.
- Thought leadership within the Continuous Improvement team and the business organization as a whole for how we approach and solve complex geospatial analyses
- Development of analytical methods for content improvement
- Technical coordination with onX engineering and design teams
- Technical and analytical coordination with onX content improvement teams
- Own the Continuous Improvement team quality indicator model(s)
- Facilitate Agile methodologies within the Continuous Improvement team
- Detailed knowledge of, and ability to work within, the onX technical architecture and codebase relative to content management and delivery
- Mentorship of Junior Analysts
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Geography or related field; or in place of a completed degree, an additional three (3) or more years of relevant experience
- Experience: Twelve (12) or more years of geospatial analysis and development experience
- Must have a broad range of experience in geospatial systems and a focus in two (2) or more of the following areas:
- Desktop Scripting. Using Python and GeoPandas you are able to automate routine geoprocessing tasks.
- Statistical Analysis. Using MATLAB, Surfer, SPSS, R, SAS, etc. you can employ intermediate to advanced statistical methods to interrogate a variety of spatial and non-spatial datasets.
- Spatial Databases. You are able to write and execute complex spatial queries within a variety of spatial data platforms such as Postgres/PostGIS, MSSQL, MySQL, etc.
- Remote Sensing / Photogrammetry. Using tools such as ERDAS Imagine, ENVI, Pix4D you can design and implement a feature classification and extraction methodology.
- Raster Processing and Analysis. You can perform raster reprocessing and overlay operations with tools such as GDAL and/or GRASS.
- Network Analysis, Topology, and Routing. You can create and enforce network topologies to support routing with tools such as PostGIS, pgRouting, Valhalla, and/or ArcGIS Network Analyst.
- Master’s degree in Geography, Geospatial Sciences, Remote Sensing or related field preferred
- GISP Certification
- Experience with all or a combination of:
- UX / cartographic design
- Agile methodologies
- Machine Learning
- Google Earth Engine
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting - 80%
- Standing - 0%
- Walking - 0%
- Bending - Occasionally
- Kneeling - No
- Lifting - Up to 25 pounds
- Reaching - Regularly
- Telephone Use - No
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity - Yes
- Travel - Up to 25% (post-COVID19)
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salary and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive medical, insurance, and wellness benefits
- Four weeks of paid family leave
- 401k matching at 100% the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures twice per year
- Amazing outdoor industry discounts
- Summer hours for salaried employees
onX COMPANY VALUES
We put the customer first.
We are passionate.
We win as a team.
We take ownership.
We work with urgency.
We are curious and seek the truth.
We innovate & take risks.
onX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to finding ways to attract, develop, and retain qualified individuals who represent the diverse communities in which we live. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.