Headquartered in Montana with offices in both Missoula and Bozeman, onX is rooted in a passion for the peaks and rivers surrounding us. We bring our devotion to the outdoors to work daily with a singular, powerful goal; to inspire others to find their own adventures off the pavement. Through the melding of technology and passion for the outdoors we enable people to craft rewarding, dynamic outdoor experiences.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
onX is seeking an Internal Communications Specialist with a motivation for earning the trust of our internal customers through culturally appropriate communications. This is a fixed-term assignment, with an expected duration between 3-6 months. The hours per week for this assignment are not expected to exceed 30 hours per week.
As an onX Internal Communication Specialist, you will be writing specifically for the Employee Experience Team. Your focus will be on creating internal communication content and communication timelines with a change management focus. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a dynamic, growing company in a role with a high positive impact. This position will report to the VP, People.
- Establish an internal communication strategy for numerous projects and processes in partnership with the VP, People
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to all team members and stakeholders
- Write, edit, review, and oversee the release of internal communication documents and presentations that support the organization
- Edit and enhances internal communication materials, including slack, intranet, emails, and presentations
- Review and edit essential internal communications prior to dissemination to ensure accuracy, clarity, and appropriateness
- Ensure the “onX cultural voice” permeates messaging to employees and other stakeholders
- Coordinates internal communication efforts with those provided by others who focus on external communications
- Works closely with the VP, People, the Employee Experience team as well as executive management to keep abreast of company developments and trends
- May assist with the development and implementation of new and existing communication vehicles, and other duties as required
- Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work; more detailed instructions on new projects or work assignments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, PR, Journalism, or similar required; or in place of a completed degree, an additional three (3) or more years of relevant experience
- A minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in internal communications, public relations, or similar is required
- Project Management skills - Candidate should have experience planning, directing, and managing projects and timelines cross-functionally
- Written Communication Skills - Candidate should possess excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from team members
- Verbal communications skills - Candidate may be called upon to give presentations and/or lead meetings. Candidate should possess sensitivity to onX organizational goals and values, and the ability to relay them to all team members
- Interpersonal skills - Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with team members at all levels of the organization. Candidate should display confidence to deal with senior executives and feel comfortable on providing coaching and feedback on communication techniques
- Creative skills - Candidate should possess the creative ability to devise communication strategies that align with onX company values and culture
- Technology Skills - Candidate should have experience with the effective use of various forms of communication channels including the google suite, slack, and/or similar communication vehicles
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting – 100%
- Standing – 0%
- Walking – 0%
- Bending – Occasionally
- Kneeling – Some
- Lifting – Up to 25 pounds
- Reaching – Regularly
- Telephone Use – Yes
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity - Yes
- Travel - None expected during the duration of this assignment
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical
- PTO accrual for (vacation, holidays, or sick time)
- 401k matching at 100% the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Retention bonus for successful completion of assignments
onX COMPANY VALUES
Our principles guide the decisions making of our company. They define the culture at onX, what we have learned through experience, and are the code by which we operate. They are fundamental, enduring, and actionable–a benchmark by which we measure team behavior and performance.
We put the customer first.
We are passionate.
We win as a team.
We take ownership.
We work with urgency.
We are curious and seek the truth.
We innovate & take risks.
onX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to finding ways to attract, develop, and retain qualified individuals who represent the diverse communities in which we live. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.