- Develop, implement, and manage cross-functional, fully integrated planning process that incorporates make versus buy, capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, material, and associated cost elements.
- Performs analysis of customer demand, sales forecasts, and historical material usage to develop and execute build to order and build to forecast plans. Coordinate with cross-functional business teams to develop the best cost strategy for production planning to support customer demand.
- Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and processes that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, and material control.
- Establishes and manages production scheduling activities by monitoring material inventories, tracking the progress of production, and reviewing factors that affect schedules. Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing, in conjunction with Finance, and inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
- Develop and execute a sourcing strategy to meet the company's business growth and sourcing requirements. Identify, develop, and manage effective relationships with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality, and delivery targets. Establish, implement, and manage a system to evaluate, monitor, and report supplier scorecard performance.
- Coordinate and work with quality, engineering, machining, and assembly operations to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues.
- Represents materials organization on corporate materials task force teams. Manages department budget, associated costs, and resources.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of concepts, theories, and principles in own job family and basic knowledge of other related job families
- Applies understanding of the industry and how own area contributes to the achievement of objectives
- Manages a generally homogeneous team; adapts plans and priorities to meet service and/or operational challenges
- Identifies and resolves technical, operational, and organizational problems
- Guides, influences and persuades others internally in related areas or externally
The position requires an understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience: 7 - 10 Years
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.