- Supervise less experienced engineers in the development of precursor chemistries
- Develop synthetic chemistry capabilities and mentor post-doctoral interns evaluating synthetic chemistry
- Design, collect data, analyze, and compile reports for precursor and deposition strategies on coupon level equipment.
- Train less experienced engineers, implement new methodologies and troubleshoot, perform Root Cause Analysis, and resolve issues for a range of products
- Generate internal and external documentation for presentations and technical reports and/or validate chemical precursor specifications for integrated products
- Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires a review of relevant factors
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies. Management reviews work to measure meeting of objectives
- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays in schedules.
- Interaction normally requires the ability to gain the cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules.
The position requires an understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience: 15+ Years
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
Relocation Eligible: No
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.