This Facilities Specialist will work under general supervision providing support in all aspects to the Facilities Management Services Departments supporting operations and planning in MT, SD, and NE. The position develops and maintains a building design database which includes office space inventory and management systems, and responds to daily priorities and develops solutions involving space management and planning in coordination with the Facilities Management Team. A key responsibility will be to maintain and update building CAD files and provide project support throughout Facilities. The Facilities Specialist will serve as front-line contact for the Facilities helpline.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- All NorthWestern Energy employees are required to adhere to company safety standards and the Code of Business Conduct & Ethics
- Ensure all actions are consistent with NorthWestern Energy's values, mission, and strategic business objectives
- Provide organizational assistance for the Facilities Management Services Department through facility planning, estimating, budgeting, and invoice processing
- Assist project managers with construction design projects working by with architects/engineers, building construction representatives, and internal staff to ensure that projects are completed on schedule, meeting budget targets and in compliance with local, state, and international building codes
- Provide administration of the Facilities Drawing Database to perform a high level of interior design work on furniture layouts and small interior remodeling projects using CAD to prepare drawings and provide schedules and reports.
- Monitor facility inventories and purchase office equipment and supplies
- Perform departmental support duties such as maintaining the FMS Safety Scorecard, coordination of Moves, Additions, and Changes (MACs) for departmental planning and on-boarding of new employees for office assignments, ID badges, parking permits, etc.
- Perform all tasks associated with administration of the Corporate and CIP access control systems in Montana, South Dakota & Nebraska and provide back-up support for security functions as needed
- Front-line contact for the Facilities Help Line and documenting and communicating internal customer requests through Change gear
- Travel up to 10% to other plant locations, company meeting and throughout NorthWestern Energy service territory for on-site inspections including climbing ladders
- Requires lifting of materials up to 35 pounds
- Demonstrate and maintain a good safety record
- Associates degree in Design/Drafting, Facility Management or similar field of study, or equivalent years of experience in drafting/facility management field experience; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Revit, and/or other drafting related products
- Excellent written communications and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills and experience in Microsoft Suite Products, Lenel, SAP, PowerPlan, or other department related programs
- Strong demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills
When considering applicants for this position, the selection process will take into consideration the needs of NorthWestern, including such factors as reorganization requirements, diversity opportunities, relocation requirements, employee development, and job succession. If any of the preceding language conflicts with the applicable bargaining unit agreements, the bargaining unit agreement will prevail.
External applicants should apply online at http://www.northwesternenergy.com. Internal applicants should apply online at iConnect. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 1-800-245-6977, or via email at email@example.com.
Human Resources Department Job # 3158
3010 West 69th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected class in accordance with applicable federal or state laws and statutes.